Thread: HELP..FAN trouble

Thanks

HELP..FAN trouble

me again boys, im still having my problems....

quick remainder, i have an asus a7v8x-x, with 1 gig of ddr pc 2700 333mhz ram, and an athlon 2600+

i just put a volcano 11 heatsink and fan on. it has a sensor, but im not using that, i am using a default setting of 5000rpm. right now here is the problem, my machine starts up, temp is fine, rpm is at full (using the hardware monitor in my bios for that)....then my machine cuts out dead. pull the plug and put it back in, it's on again, wait 10 secs, off again.

now i have a 300 watt powers supply, this thing takes 8.4 watts to run......could that be the problem.

this pc is going to kill me, im on the verge of smashing the bloody thing to pieces, it's been nothing but hasstle, im desprate guys.....

thanks .

Thanks
    • Flibb's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6300
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 PC3-12800
      • Storage:
      • Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250G
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 3GB MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr
      • PSU:
      • FSP
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Deffl TFT thing
    I am using an A7v8x with a zalman flower cooler. Thers an option in my BIOS where it shuts the PC down if the fan speed drops 2 far, might be Q-FAN or something similar.
    Good luck
    Flibb

Thanks

QFAN

not in my bios, that is on my other asus which is an

A7V8X....it just keeps shutting off, rpms are at 5000...cpu temp in 32degrees

then it off, it has to be a power issue.

Thanks
    Got another power supply to test it with? If not try look in the bios for anything to do with shutdown temps/volts/rpm's and try raise it a little. Also check to see if the fan is actually spinning, not just showing up in the bios

Thanks

checked...

all of them, all bios settings are good, and in healthy parameters.....but it just shuts off. im miffed, dont know whats wrong with ittrying to get another power supply now.

Thanks
    Random shutting off also sounds like a heat problem. Have you tried resitting the heatsink on the processor? If that doesn't work try underclocking it and see if it will run stable.

Thanks

i will

try that now, but i am in the bios when it shut down looking at the cpu temo, it's a steady 32 degrees, always is, it doelower or rise, just goes out like a light, will try he heatsink now.

thanks for your advise by the way.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Try this take ever thing off the mb except the videp card and see if boots into the bios and stays on. When you plug the power supply cord into the power supply does the fan on the cpu start up?? and cut off??.Try useing the switch to turn it back on.one other thing make sure you have your case wires hooked up correctly to the MB.Also you may have a short in the case mount. If all fails take the MB out and do a test with just the mb and video card outside of the case.place mb on the wraper, BTW turn the wraper inside out befor placeing MB on the warper, it is only static on the inside of the warper,and use the form that came with the box under wraper. good luck

PS: One last thing reset your memoy................or try a dif stick of any size that is good.
    Last edited by SHARKMEAT; 14-10-2003 at 07:57 PM.
    TREAD SLOWLY IN DANGEROUS WATERS

Thread Information