Thread: io think i have it

Thanks

io think i have it

eveshut down is exactly 10 seconds, i dont think my mb is recognising my fan. tried it in another case, with new ps, and just the bare baics, cpu, graphics, keyboard, and fan. still a 10 sec cut off, just dies, wont come back on until the mb light goes out after the power cable is removed, then re inserted.

definatley a ventilation/fan problem, it's only happening since i put this bloody volcano 11 on.

Thanks
    put another fan onto the cpu fan connector and power the volcano on another connector see what happens

Thanks

Just tired

that, with the same outcome....this is a doozy. i bet you it is something really, really insignificant now...... the minutest of problems. it's always the same........

Thanks
    fsb set correctly for your chip? not damaged anything wile changing h/s have you

i know iits basic but you never know

try to clear cmos take battry out and pull kettle lead out and leave it for a few mins to clear it properly

if i think of anything else ill let you know, im in the middle of sorting somebodys windows 98 mess out!!

Thanks

done all

them, think i'll forget about it tonight, worry about it tomorrow.maybe it will come to me in a dream now!!!!

Registered+
    Thanks
    Hope I understand what the problem is, not sure what “eveshut” means though. Could be the CPU fan doesn’t register/report properly it’s RPM to the motherboard. If this is the case, check in the BIOS for a setting along of the lines of “Auto shutdown on fan failure” and set it to off. HTH, but bear in mind that with the setting off, should the CPU fan fail the only thing to warn you will be the sudden quick heat temperature rise, burning smell and perhaps less noise.
    "Keyboard missing - press F3 to continue" Message seen on an Apricot PC.
    "To start press any key. Where's the any key?" Homer Simpson.
    Hexus Trust

Thread Information