• Corsiar 750D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2408WFP
      • Internet:
      • 18Mb

Yet another which ram thread

Im going to be making the move back to AMD shortly and need recomendations on which ram to purchase, needs to be PC3500 and needs to be able to run mildly overclocked depending on what FSB the board and chip will hit but still keep the best timings possible.

Looking at reviews and specs Mushkin PC3500 L2 looks to be the best bet, However I notice this ram uses 4ns chips where as the PC3500 from OCZ uses 3.5ns.

From experience with memory in the past I know that sometimes this doesnt make much of a difference but what im looking for is real world results from people that have used high specification PC3500 themselfs.

Oh the mobo used will of course be the NF7S V2.0.
    Salazaar : <Touching wood as I write this...>

Banned
    Thanks
    I'd have to say TwinMOS in both price and perf. You can get the Winbond if you want that bit more but even without it it's top notch. Crucial's out of the window; it's not as well priced as it was, the latency is higher than most and it tops out at the official DDR max (PC3200). I don't personally like OCZ or Geil, but they have their fans. Corsair is way over-priced, top stuff but no where near worth the asking price (IMHO). Adata is great stuff and well priced, available up to PC4000 but doesn't like the lower latencies too much. Mushkin is very well respected, should be good stuff but I'm not sure how it compares price-wise.

PC3200 is all you truly need for SktA but if you feel you must push beyond 400FSB then it makes sense to have PC3500 (or better). Since you want top perf I'll assume you're going with an nForce2 Ultra400 with Dual Channel (2 sticks), latency matters very little TBH and even less so on Dual Channel so don't pay over the top for it. If you go for unoffical spec RAM (anything above PC3200) then pay extra attention to the voltage it uses, not only to ensure it can do what it's rated for but lower is definitely better.

4ns is technically capable up to 500mhz (2x250 due to DDR), I wouldn't expect it to go past 540mhz o/c'ed. 3.5ns is up to 570mhz but should get around 600mhz o/c'ed. I'd pay more attention to the RAM's brand, price, rating, voltage and latency (if you wish) than worry about what ns it is. Lower ns means it can run at a faster rate but many higher latency stuff is used and simply over-volted.

Team HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    My personal order of preference is as follows:

Corsair XMS3200LLPT

Mushkin PC3200 2-2-2

OCZ EL-DDR PC3500

Corsair XMS3500C2

Trust me, I've tried them all, more than once

Thanks
    I'd recommend the Twinmos PC3200 w. Winbond. Mine does 220+ 2-4-2-2 np. Mushkin Level 2 PC3200/PC3500 looks like the best in performance terms but the price is sickening!

Thanks
    how much u got?

if money aint a problem, www.xtremeddr.com

best ram in world, but u gotta pay for it

Thread Information