Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PIXMANIA.co.uk - why so cheap?

Thanks

PIXMANIA.co.uk - why so cheap?

Hi all,

Just looking to get a few more bits of kit, and the cheapest for nearly all of it, by a long way, are pixmania.co.uk

I'm presuming that to be that cheap, they are an 'out of UK' stockist/shipper like Komplett, but is their stuff okay? Is the stuff they ship technically grey, or is it UK gear?

Much thanks for advice,
    S.

Thanks
    • Flibb's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6300
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 PC3-12800
      • Storage:
      • Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250G
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 3GB MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr
      • PSU:
      • FSP
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Deffl TFT thing
    They are based in France, but they do have a London pickup center, not sure if its a shop as well. Some of their stuff is definitely gray import, i asked about a camera a while ago and was told it wasn't included in the Nikon cash back. They often give a 2 year warranty with their stuff, haven't heard of anybody claiming from it.

Thanks
    My brother had a really bad experience with pixmania, luckily they did come to collect the items he had ordered but not till alot of phone calls and the line 'id like to speak to the manager' was said a few times.
    The printer and speakers he had ordered had come in tattty damaged boxes, some of the damage were holes like it had been kicked. Another thing is that they give you french or european electronic goods which require a converter to work here. This is very hard to find on their website so you assume your gonna get a uk product.
    Other people have had similar experiences being unhappy with the company.

Thanks
    My father has used them quite a bit. Never had any problems RMAing etc.

Thanks
    ordered a few times now, not had any problems

Thanks
    • Thorsson's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570k
      • Memory:
      • 2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance PC1866
      • Storage:
      • 256M4 SSD; 2Tb 7200RPM Barracuda; 2Tb Linkstation
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX970 SC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX650
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2515H
      • Internet:
      • Fibre Optic 30Mb
    Be aware that they want you to prove your identity by faxing them a copy of your passport or driver's license. What's the point of installing all sorts of online security, and then giving your identity away to some unknown froggies?

Just IMO of course...

Thanks
    I'm having trouble with pixmania atm.

I previously bought a Sony Cybershot from them with no problems, great price / product quick delivery.

I have now purchased a printer and at the same time ordered some photo gloss paper / extra cartridges etc.

The printer was delivered very quickly but I was waiting for one of the cartridges and some photo gloss paper.

The cartridge arrived about a week later, which I was happy with but although the invoice that came with it said they had included the paper I got a plug instead!

I've been emailing them and trying to phone (no-one is picking up) to sort this out.

Realise the paper doesn't cost a great deal, just don't like being ripped off.

In Summary - Competitive prices, quick delivery, poor after sales / customer service when something goes wrong.

Rev

Dianeal/Extraneal/Physioneal hoodmeister's Avatar
    Thanks
    Only ever used Pixmania the once ~ and that was to buy my camera. Was a gray import, but came with a EU > UK power adaptor, so i'm not fussed...

I have some free prints i'm going to check out with them... Anyone know what they're like for prints? Or anyone know any particularly good print companies?

Thanks
    i've ordered a camera from there before.

it was meant to include a converter to a uk socket for the charger - this wasn't included.

they offered to send me one or refund me £6 to buy one, or they could send me one.

i asked to be sent one, it never turned up.

i asked for the money, they never gave it to me.

i gave up, as the camera itself was fine and a good deal cheaper than buying it here..

Spider pig, spider pig
    Thanks
    A thread I posted a couple of weeks back. Still heard nothing back, despite e-mailing them to cancel.

They are a lot cheaper than a lot of other places, but beware if things go wrong with your order! I really would consider how much stuff is elsewhere, and consider buying it someplace else.

Thanks
    Alot of the stuff isnt even from inside europe. Somethings they sell i know are only
    officially available inside Japan.

Thanks
    Finally got an email response:

"Thank you for your email,

Unfortunately due to slight technical problems in our warehouse, the glazed paper in your order has been delayed; we are trying to chase up your order so it will be dispatched to you as soon as possible.

As soon as your parcel is dispatched we will contact you with the tracking number of your parcel.

We do apologise for the inconvenience."

Very strange that one minute they have provided an invoice saying its been deliverd and the next there is a 'technical problem'.

They are still advertising the paper as in stock on their website aswell - they should remove it if there's a real problem.

Rev

Thanks
    What I really don't like is the extra items automatically added to the basket namely 'insurance' and 'loyalty card'. It's tad bit like have class A drugs and a bomb added to your luggage at an airport. There also have some strange affiliation with shop zilla and they dump you out of the shopping experience into a zilla survey. What's not obvious is that you are no longer at pixmania but have been passed to a third party shop portal and I really dislike this aspect. Whenever you phone up you can here them chomping garlic and riding around on bycicles presumably with onions hanging about their necks. Cheap though which is good.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by demonwolf
    My brother had a really bad experience with pixmania, luckily they did come to collect the items he had ordered but not till alot of phone calls and the line 'id like to speak to the manager' was said a few times.
    The printer and speakers he had ordered had come in tattty damaged boxes, some of the damage were holes like it had been kicked. Another thing is that they give you french or european electronic goods which require a converter to work here. This is very hard to find on their website so you assume your gonna get a uk product.
    Other people have had similar experiences being unhappy with the company.
    Same voltage - different plugs so a simple adapter is all thats needed or usually just a UK plugged kettle lead..

Thanks
    • holy god of nil's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus p8h67
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500
      • Memory:
      • 16gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung + 120GB Sandisk Extreme
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire 7850 OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX450
      • Case:
      • Silverstone SG03
    I've bought a couiple of things off Pixmania and had no trouble, quite fast and relatively good service.
    I have to say that the sony digicam i bought was (i think) a french import, as it came with one french and one englich manual.
    then again one printer i bought off amazon came with mostly english stuff butt wo manual for add-ons i.e cd printer were only in portugese and greek!?!

Registered+
    Thanks
    Watch out for foreign plugs and manuals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information