Thread: New 2.4 @ 3.5 aircooled @ 1.55v

Thanks

New 2.4 @ 3.5 aircooled @ 1.55v

I just got a sweet chip yesterday. I havent even tried to push it. My goal was 3.5Ghz, I hit it 1st try. No tweaking, nothing! Just put it in set voltage, set FSB, BAM! got it.

All basic air cooling, nothing special. Click my sig for more details, some benchmarks, etc....
    Last edited by chrisf6969; 19-10-2003 at 12:33 AM.

Thanks
    that's certainly a fine CPU you have there

So come on what's the details of that baby?

Thanks
    The CPU details? I threw away the box (retail box) and the garbageman picked up this morning. I remember it was made in Costa Rica, I just order it from NewEgg wednesday and had it overnighted. And the way NewEgg has been selling those puppies I bet it was hot off the press.

The details of my system are in my sig and on the page if you click the signature picture.

If for some reason I need to remove the heatsink in the near future I will jot down the codes off of it.

Thanks
    ok m8y

Shame new egg is sooo far away

Thanks
    Chris, iirc wernt you the dude who nicked his secretaries p4 from her comp last year and popped in your own old duff willy p4 in place of it?

Thanks
    Nice overclock there m8, i got a 2.6 P4 to 3.35, then if i went any further..it would post but XP wouldnt boot !

Thanks
    good memory trickle! That was only back in April.

I got the 6 month upgrade itch. And someone I knew needed a computer so I gave them specs on a system that I could build for them. They approved, so I took that 2.53Ghz that was in secretaries computer(before mine) and put it in the "new" computer that I sold. Along with my old GF4ti4600.

Selling those 2 parts in a "new" computer that I built got me my 2 new parts, free! (2.4c and GF fx5900 )

Thanks
    hi m8 i here what you saying about getting 2 new parts for your pc.But if some 1 has payed you to build them a new pc then i think its Bad you giveing them your old stuff.I not slaging you of i just dont like the sound of that. As if it hapend to me i no wouldent like it

Thanks
    I gave them the specs and let them know what they were getting. I used their old CD & DVD drives.

BTW, I am currently playing with it at 3.6Ghz 300Mhz FSB(1200)
    The only problem is the memory scores have gone to rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish. from 5500Mb/s to 3300MB/s

This chip would do so much more if it had a higher multiplier... its just begging for more. Too bad the mobo is holding me back now.

Thanks
    oh sorry i thought thay gave you money to get all new stuff my bag Sorry

Thanks
    good cpu where did you get it from?
    1700 xp@ 2.2 g 512 mb dual channel corsair 480 w thermaltake pure power nf7-s rev 2.0 thermalright sp97 iiyama prolite E431s

Thanks
    Got it from NewEgg.com

BTW, I'm running at 3.6GHz now... just ran 3dMark2001 http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7129245
    still at only 1.6v in Bios, windows reads it as 1.55v

It was my mistake before... the memory scores hadnt dropped. I had just forgotten to recheck the buffered benchmark on sisoft. (I had unchecked it earlier)

I need to do some stability testing on it, but it seems to be rocking along at 300FSB. 1200Mhz overclock and 1200Mhz FSB!

Did some quick testing, with 3dMark2001, SuperPI, Pifast and Sisoft.... all fine so far.

Damn if it stays stable I need to redo everything I just did yesterday. (new signature picture, new benchmarks on webpage, etc... )

I know P4's throttle if they get too hot, but what is too hot?
    I got it up to 66' C / 150F while running SuperPI & Sisoft CPU test simultaneously (trying to use HT both threads)

I'm probably going to back down to 3.5Ghz since its running a little too hot for my liking.
    Last edited by chrisf6969; 19-10-2003 at 07:45 PM.

Thread Information