Thread: Help!!!!

Thanks

Unhappy Help!!!!

Hey guys a need your help here , i just put together a shuttle SN45, and i when i turn the system on it does the mem check and then hangs when detecting the ide devices ( ausu cdrw and wd 80gig hd 8meg of cache ) after about 2 mins it finds the devices and starts to boot, since the system has no os iam trying to boot to the cd drive so i can install windows xp. but once windows setup starts loading all the device drivers and ask me if i want to install windows it says it cant detect any hard disk in my computer. First the Bio's are detecting my hd, and my cdrw. Iam not sure if i should check in the bios and set the hardrive up as hdd-0 or hdd-1 or so on. the Hard drive was a oem so its not partioned i was assuming that booting from the windows xp cd would have let me do this. iam dont think the hard drive not being partioned would cause it to "hang" when the computer is detecting the ide devices. i dont have a floppy but i have a usb key hd ( 128megs ) i know i can boot to a usb device if i can just format the hd that way. Any help you could provide would be great. i have never seen a problem like this before.

System Specs: Sn45, 2500+, 256XMS3200 x 2, Asus Cdrw and Wd 80gig Ata 100 8meg of cache hd.
    Thanks guys!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Crap i forgot, i have checked the jumpers on both the cdrw and the hard drive. since both are on seperate channels they are both on master. the hd is the primary master and the cdrw is the secondary master. System seems fine i dont know if it is a motherboard problem a hardrive problem or a windows setup problem....

Thanks
    have u got smart disabled?

Thanks
    ok here is a dumb question Smart what?

Thanks
    its some gay thing that takes agees for your pc to boot, just work your way threw bios, turn fast boot on etc. see if that helps.

Sorry if im talkin parp, not in a good mood.

Thread Information