Thread: DDR 500 fsb Recommendations

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks

DDR 500 fsb Recommendations

Out of interest i've been running my 2.4gig p4c system at 3gig for quite a while now, and i'm now tempted to go from running mem at 5:4 ratio, so ddr 400 speeds to ddr 500 speeds,

I see that i've got a few choices now with modules from Geil, Ocz, Corsair and A-data available to choose from.

Do we have anyone pushing memory this hard here, and if so what have you gone for?.

I'd be using my IC7 to run it in.

Thanks
    TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    I'd choose OCZ or Corsair as AData are more a budget users make and I've heard alot of problems with Geil!

I read somewhere about the Corsair DDR500 being overclocked DDR466 or something ... might have been a review on Hexus!

G4 PowerMac - Tiger 10.4 - 512MB RAM
    MacBook - 2Ghz - 1GB RAM - 120GB HDD

Rotel RC970BX | DBX DriveRack |2x Rotel RB850
    B&W DM640i | Velodyne 1512

Banned
    Thanks
    Anything over PC3200 tends to be simply o/c'ed and often overvolted PC3200, there isn't a true spec for RAM makers to adhere to for anything faster than PC3200. You could buy decent PC3200, overvolt it and probably achieve speeds not far off what a lot of these sticks claim, only diff is they are tested and guaranteed at the rated speed.

I also have a low opinion of Geil although they are now gaining fans. OCZ had some shady things in their past too but are reportedly one of the best now. Corsair have been consistently considered the best for quite a while now but you pay the price for it and from what I hear it may be 2nd best to a few of the other brands out there now. Is TwinMOS not a consideration? They offer great quality (in my experience and from what most others say) and the price is good too. TwinMOS with Winbond is considered to be up there with Corsair, the new Twister stuff is unknown to me. I think when you factor in price Adata win hands down though, see what savings you can make but that's where I'd place my money in your shoes.

Thread Information