Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waterblocks, Sugestions?

Thanks
    Have a look at the ww.innovatek.de they have a full Dual Xeon kit for about 329 euros

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Rightie, well i've made my choices, in the end i went for the swiftech blocks, thermochills newer radiator, the fillort, 7/16th tubing for most, with a 3/8th splitter for each CPU block, and the MCP655 pump....

WOW.

Performance was better than i ever hoped for.

The pump is amazing, i've used an enhiem before, i've also seen a DangerDen branded one (or should i say heard). This one nocks them into the ground, its so quite, it has a bit of vib, but thats nothing some thick rubber and foam don't cure, right now i've got it sat on the carpet next to the box, i can't hear it at all.

The 120.3 Rad is a pain the arse to get the bubbles out of, but has amazing performance, I guess it is about 12 times the size of the heatsink it replaced, but i've one 12cm fan, which i'm running at 1,000rpm (using a sawtooth wave thats been adjusted to keep it just above stalling). Its incredibly silent.

On two neccona 3.0ghz xeons, the temp is 20 for the primary CPU, and 18 for the secondary. Impressive. Under stock air, they would idle at 40.

Herulach, next time ur in reading, you've got a beer waiting for you!
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've found this whole thread fascinating - many thanks! It's got me thinking about water-cooling (mainly to reduce ambient noise) - not a cheap option though!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Treasure Hunter extraordinaire herulach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • herulach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 MPower
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD Blue + 250GB 840 EVo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2* Palit GTX 970 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • CM HAF Stacker 935, 2*360 Rad WC Loop w/EK blocks.
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Crossover 290HD & LG L1980Q
      • Internet:
      • 120mb Virgin Media
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimus
    Rightie, well i've made my choices, in the end i went for the swiftech blocks, thermochills newer radiator, the fillort, 7/16th tubing for most, with a 3/8th splitter for each CPU block, and the MCP655 pump....

WOW.

Performance was better than i ever hoped for.

The pump is amazing, i've used an enhiem before, i've also seen a DangerDen branded one (or should i say heard). This one nocks them into the ground, its so quite, it has a bit of vib, but thats nothing some thick rubber and foam don't cure, right now i've got it sat on the carpet next to the box, i can't hear it at all.

The 120.3 Rad is a pain the arse to get the bubbles out of, but has amazing performance, I guess it is about 12 times the size of the heatsink it replaced, but i've one 12cm fan, which i'm running at 1,000rpm (using a sawtooth wave thats been adjusted to keep it just above stalling). Its incredibly silent.

On two neccona 3.0ghz xeons, the temp is 20 for the primary CPU, and 18 for the secondary. Impressive. Under stock air, they would idle at 40.

Herulach, next time ur in reading, you've got a beer waiting for you!
    Hey no prob man. Money well spent, cos bar mounting clips that set up will last you a lifetime. What 7800 Block did you decide to go for? And are you just running one fan on the rad? I need to get my chipset block installed, couldnt get it off at the time of install, but im told a haridryer does wonders. That and i need to sort out some airflow across my ram cos its running slightly too hot for my liking. Think over-clock will be getting an order for a couple more panflos.

God a circuit diagram for the sawtooth generator? Mine are just running at 5V and the noise level is acceptable, but if i could get them quieter that would be amazing.

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks
    after leaving the system on overnight doing some number crunching, 22 degrees each cpu. This is with on fan on the rad.

Currently my chipset is just stock passive cooler, i might change that, but it sits at 40 degrees so isn't exactly a problem.

Both graphics cards are cooled by fans at present, not enough money and the CPU coolers had actually warn out very badly (i think there must of been a bad batch) so i've just started with them.

Chipset i'll probably leave passively cooled, as its what supermicfro have when it leaves the factory, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

My graphics cards aren't that great, a 5800 and a 6800, i might upgrade after xmas + water cool em in one go, the fans are very quite atm. But i've only got TFTs on my rig at the moment (and a dataprojector) but i've not been gaming much (i miss my crt). However if i can get away with getting blocks that will cool my present cards, and say a 7800 in the future, i'd probably w/c them at xmas.

But i think my next concerne is my HDDs, i want to make them more silent. Yes the maxtors make horrible scratching sounds. But the segates i think just need simple vibe reductors. I'm not sure if they need water on them to cool them thou. The maxtors idle at 45 but can get to 50. The segates 35. There is a 120mm fan i can put over them, which i might do, because i don't want to stop airflow in the case. If money was no object, i'd water cool all the HDDs, in silent enclosures, but i don't think they need it.

So i guess it will either be graphics cards next, or HDD depending on what i feal like when i've got more money.

Herulach, pm me your address i'll send you a PIC with my program on it, it needs fan with a speed sensor, i'll also try n liberate 3 * darlingtons to drive the fans. You use uC's before?
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Treasure Hunter extraordinaire herulach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • herulach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 MPower
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD Blue + 250GB 840 EVo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2* Palit GTX 970 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • CM HAF Stacker 935, 2*360 Rad WC Loop w/EK blocks.
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Crossover 290HD & LG L1980Q
      • Internet:
      • 120mb Virgin Media
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimus
    after leaving the system on overnight doing some number crunching, 22 degrees each cpu. This is with on fan on the rad.

Currently my chipset is just stock passive cooler, i might change that, but it sits at 40 degrees so isn't exactly a problem.

Both graphics cards are cooled by fans at present, not enough money and the CPU coolers had actually warn out very badly (i think there must of been a bad batch) so i've just started with them.

Chipset i'll probably leave passively cooled, as its what supermicfro have when it leaves the factory, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

My graphics cards aren't that great, a 5800 and a 6800, i might upgrade after xmas + water cool em in one go, the fans are very quite atm. But i've only got TFTs on my rig at the moment (and a dataprojector) but i've not been gaming much (i miss my crt). However if i can get away with getting blocks that will cool my present cards, and say a 7800 in the future, i'd probably w/c them at xmas.

But i think my next concerne is my HDDs, i want to make them more silent. Yes the maxtors make horrible scratching sounds. But the segates i think just need simple vibe reductors. I'm not sure if they need water on them to cool them thou. The maxtors idle at 45 but can get to 50. The segates 35. There is a 120mm fan i can put over them, which i might do, because i don't want to stop airflow in the case. If money was no object, i'd water cool all the HDDs, in silent enclosures, but i don't think they need it.

So i guess it will either be graphics cards next, or HDD depending on what i feal like when i've got more money.

Herulach, pm me your address i'll send you a PIC with my program on it, it needs fan with a speed sensor, i'll also try n liberate 3 * darlingtons to drive the fans. You use uC's before?
    If you have the room the coolermaster 4 in 3 bays are pretty good at cutting down vibe noise.

Never used pics no, but im fairly handy with a soldering iron (last thing i made was a latching circuit so the fans can do 5/12V using a push button switch, cos it looks a hell of a lot better than a toggle.
    Passive cooled chipset should be ok provided you kep plenty of airflow going, but eventually im hoping to go down to the 3 radiator fans and 1 5v over the hdds so airflow is gonna be an issue for passive coolers, and mine ahas a little 30mm screamer sat on it, which im tempted to just unplgug, but it has no temp sensor.

As far as im aware most gpu blocks will cool any graphics cards, its only if you get the big dangerden things you have to change for different graphics cards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information