Thread: sn45g and sempron.... bios wont save/change

Thanks

sn45g and sempron.... bios wont save/change

I recently bought a sng45 and a sempron 2600+. When I put it together it would not boot even up to bios. It just hung black screened. AFter resetting the bios via jumpers I was able to either enter the bios. Before I enter the bios it notifies me of a checksum error and that the system is in safemode (not windows safemode). I can either enter the bios or boot with default bios settings (i installed windows with defaults).

If, however, i ever try to save the bios (whether or not I ahve made any changes) I am no longer able to boot up at all. No bios, no nothing. Just a blank screen and I have to reset the jumpers again.

I upgraded to the fn45s00r bios and it recognizes my sempron correctly (at 1.1ghz because FSB is still at 100 mhz), however i cannot make any changes to the bios (or save it with no changes for that matter).

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    I too am suffering the same issue, but with the upgrading my CPU to the Barton core 3200, 400 Mhz frontside bus. I have flashed the MoBo to the latest bios, still to no resolution.

Is there anyone who has faced this situation and won, without having to result to hardware changes?

Thanks

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by cmaness
    I too am suffering the same issue, but with the upgrading my CPU to the Barton core 3200, 400 Mhz frontside bus. I have flashed the MoBo to the latest bios, still to no resolution.

Is there anyone who has faced this situation and won, without having to result to hardware changes?
    No solution but add me to the 3200+ Barton = Dead SN45G club .

Got the Shuttle into the state that a CMOS reset does nothing and I cant get it to boot even to the reset defaults message (usual dead VGA and no signs of life other then full fans).
    Put the old 2400 (that was REALLY unstable in the Shuttle) back in but that also leaves me with a dead Shuttle. Both CPU's are ok in other rigs with the 2400 unstable but booting.
    "John Willis is a toaster that talks! - It knows your name.".

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cmaness

You need to set your FSB to 200MHZ, 400MHZ is the doubled speed of the RAM.

Thanks
    Add me to that club, just emailed shuttle giving them grief about this problem. Seriously annoyed no computer for two weeks now, just a crappy celeron laptop. Mine was working fine for over a year before that happened.
    Now don't want to go SFFPC again because problems are so much harder to fix cause you cant buy the parts.

Thanks
    All,

It may be worth you guys (those who have bootable, non fried, SN45G's anyway ) looking at the newest BIOS's that Shuttle have just released for the V1 and 3 (and I think 2).

On the update list is some changes to CPU support tables (mobile Bartons). I don't hold out much hope but it has to be worth a try as Shuttle have this nasty habit of putting in chages that are not in any change log .

SN45G
    SN45G V3
    "John Willis is a toaster that talks! - It knows your name.".

Thanks

nother one

Chalk up another to the barton 3200+ sn45g crowd Mine has been like this for a while and I just started to try to work on it again. Another problem w/ my system is that i cannot load a new bois version either...i tried many, many ways and could not get bios to update. Also, system is unstable (random blue screens) when in windows. HELP PLeeZ!

joe
    Thanks
    Add me to the list as well......... ........try as I might I can't get my new build to work with two sticks of RAM at their native settings......now trying my third set of RAM and still no joy...........it's getting expensive!

Thread Information