Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On the lookout for cheap...

Thanks
    Simply currently has the best deal for the Hitachi 7k250, which is why I am considering them.

Dabs was the first online store I used and they've mostly been okay. Their customer service number takes a while to get through though. Free shipping was a nice thing as well although it is now a thing of the past.

And their price were highly competitive with other stores you'd find advertised in computer magazines.. But eventually, I found other stores offering better deal, and I haven't bought anything from them since...
    (Well, indirectly, I got one of their ex demo printer at dabsexchange recently. £70 for a £130+ printer. Nice thing is - seeing how the ink were never used, it was probably an ex display rather than an ex demo).

Arrrrrrrgh!
    Thanks
    Don't buy that qtec power supply what ever you do, it is bloody awful. Yes it is cheap but it is sooooooo loud. Steer well clear...
    The Last Man Standing Stands Tallest

Banned
    Thanks
    From what I've heard its rating is way over-inflated too. More like a 300-350W it seems. Just as well to stick with the cheap crap PSU that comes with the case or else look for the best deal on a decent brand PSU. Notably Antec, Enermax, ThermalTake, CTW (CWT? @ Scan), ToPower, S.Flower, Sparkle etc. A good branded 350W is MORE than fine, even a 300W is likely to be better than an inflated 550W etc.

Thanks

Hi there!

Thanks for the replys! It was most useful!

I'm definatly going for that Zorro case for sure.

I'll look into the other items. Thanks again.

gamezfreak

Ravens Nest

Re: Hi there!

Originally posted by gamezfreak
    Thanks for the replys! It was most useful!

I'm definatly going for that Zorro case for sure.

I'll look into the other items. Thanks again.

gamezfreak
    I like the look of the green case myself, looks very smart

Thanks
    Hi again.

I know this might be a stupid question to ask in a thread with a different subjectv But is there anything wrong with attaching the CPU to the motherboard like now? I mean like the motherboard is sitting on my desk with a layer of foam underneath it.

If I attach the CPU - Will it be damaged at all if I leave it sitting idle there for maybe 2 weeks or so?

Also. Please - Tell me how you guys attached the Coolermaster Aero 7 lite fan to your motherboard. Because I tried it on someone else's PC and its bloody hard!

Ah well.

Anyway.

Read this article on Q-Tec PSU's, It looks like the people on that forum have figured that Q-TEC PSU's are incorrect and basically stupid.

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/e_serv...7da30dca9648eb

It looks like I might have to fork out that little extra for a better PSU!

The motherboard I have does have SATA connecters. I'm thinking of getting two drives and RAID O'ing them aswell (in the future of course).

This static buisness is really scaring me though - I'm worried my motherboard will be damaged by the time I'e put everything together

Banned
    Thanks
    Some foam can harbour static itself, I'd use the anti-static silver bag the mobo should have been packaged in and preferably keep it stored int he box until ready to use. You can attach the CPU, it is perfectly safe ... well as safe as the mobo is. I'm sure the Aero 7 is a monster to attach but I've never used one, many modern HS can be pretty damn hard. I just ensure I have the step bit in the correct place and then use a screw driver with tape over the end to push the HS clips into place.

SATA should be very well suited to setting up RAID but gains are very small outside of synthetics, when you weigh up all the pros and cons it's not worth it for the general user IMHO.

Thanks
    Ah cool.

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information