Thread: strange P4 3.0c SL7BK...

Thanks

strange P4 3.0c SL7BK...

any of you guys seen this processor...? well im having trouble deciding because i cant find it on sspec finder of intel... by the way, i google searched and the only thing i found was this was based on gallatin core.. so if any of you guys have this, please help,.. im having trouble choosing from sl6wu and this strange one... they are both available on shops...

thanks in advance...

Thanks
    Have a look here ( http://www.fcenter.ru/hardnews.shtml?news/2003/11/13 ) at the bottom of the page you will see a reference to SL7BK, according to this its a 'Gallatin' processor (P4EE). This may be a processor with its level 3 cache disabled , not all of them pass Intels validation.

Thanks
    i already seen it in my own eyes, its true there is sl7bk and it was packed 5/5/04...
    i dont know if this will overclock well though... any opinions? are gallatin cores overclocks well? this might have m0 stepping on it... i reckon..
    Last edited by relay_70; 12-07-2004 at 03:04 PM.

Zoom-Zoom
    Thanks
    You can confirm it is a Gallatin core by seeing if it has 12 or 30 capacitors on the back of the chip. All Gallatin Cores have 30. TBH you are not guarnteed a good clock with any chip, all luck of the draw. Just some batches have a higher % than others. If it is an EE core, I believe they were supposed to be pretty good.

Thanks
    yeah i agree with that, the way i see it nobody can tell which overclocks well... i have google searched it the whole day and it gave me this opinion that you cannot base it on sspec or steppings... if indeed it was a gallatin core we should remember that it failed for some reasons so nobody can tell which is better or not... that is why i think some people out there that has 30 cappers P4 dont even reach 240fsb ,,,but if you already have the well known sspec blessed with good batch of production.... well chances are, you will have higher percentage that it will overclock well.....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Doufos
    You can confirm it is a Gallatin core by seeing if it has 12 or 30 capacitors on the back of the chip. All Gallatin Cores have 30. TBH you are not guarnteed a good clock with any chip, all luck of the draw. Just some batches have a higher % than others. If it is an EE core, I believe they were supposed to be pretty good.
    Excuse me for resurrecting an ancient thread, but you say all Gallatin cores have 30 caps. But do any D1 P4's with 30 caps have Gallatin cores? I recently built a new system with an SL6WU P4, it's listed as D1 stepping on Intel's website but has 30 installed caps on back, not 12. Is this a Gallatin core, even though it's a D1?

Thread Information