Thread: Nforce4 chipset drivers?

Thanks

Nforce4 chipset drivers?

I’ve just built my first system and have used an ASUS A8N–SLI Deluxe, but I am unsure as to which chipset drivers to load that come with the ASUS support cd. I have been told that I should not load the Nvidia IDE driver or the Nvidia IDE SW driver because these drivers can cause compatibility issues with some brands of hard drives and cd-roms. I am using a Hitachi Deskstar 7K250, and I have enabled it to support SATA II 3.0Gb/s. I have tried to find out this information from the ASUS web site, but I can’t seem to get the information I need.

If these drives are not loaded, will it effect the speed of my system. Any help would be very much appreciated.

System specification: Asus a8n-sli deluxe motherboard, AMD Athlon 64 3000+ cpu, Corsair twinx ddr pc3200c2pro 2x512Mb Ram, XFX Geforce 6800 GS Graphics card, OS Windows XP

Thanks
    The old nf4 chipset drivers had some data corruption issues with the ide drivers. It has all been fixed though so the newest 6.70 drivers on the nvidia website will be the ones to get.

It makes virtually no difference to performance whether you install the hdd drivers however they do give you the option of putting ncq on or off. Even if you don't want to install the ide driver I'd still updat the rest to 6.70.

Thanks
    I recommend not installing the Network Access Manager when prompted - imo more hassle than it's worth.

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750
    abit A-S78H, Phenom 9750,

My HEXUS.trust abit forums

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BUFF
    I recommend not installing the Network Access Manager when prompted - imo more hassle than it's worth.
    Good point, the nvidia firewall and access manager will generally screw your system so its not worth installing those.

Thanks
    Thanks guys.
    I've downloaded 6.70, and installed all but firewall & network. But when start windows and check event viewer, I have a warning saying. " an error was detected on \Device\Harddisk0\D during a paging operation". So I unistalled the Nvidia IDE driver and xp seems to load ok, do you think that I should leave it uninstalled? and if I do will I loose any performance in my system?

Thanks
    hehe.. i got the same motherboard as you.. having some problem with it also.. not sure if it is my other hardware that is causing it or the nForce 4 chipset. I read about the nForce 4 chipset having some problem... hope they will fix that soon. I am going crazy with it.!!! now every time i restart my computer my internet stop working and i had to reinstall the internet driver etc .. so i keep my computer on as long as possible for now. I think this is windows problem though coz first time i did not have this problem.

Thread Information