Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project "Sexy HTPC"

Thanks
    Yeah I don't have one at the moment mate but it was easy enough to do. I bought a PCI-E riser, then cut the holder for ojne of the PCI slots to allow the card to fit. Also had to mod the cards so that they fit in too.

Get it mate - with a dremel it would be easy to fit it in
    Check my project <<| Black3D |>>
    Quote Originally Posted by hexah
    Games are developed by teams of talented people and sometimes electronic arts

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kempez815
    Yeah I don't have one at the moment mate but it was easy enough to do. I bought a PCI-E riser, then cut the holder for ojne of the PCI slots to allow the card to fit. Also had to mod the cards so that they fit in too.

Get it mate - with a dremel it would be easy to fit it in
    I'm just a little paranoid that I'll ruin the case as its not cheap if it all goes wrong. I can't remember if this was mentioned but how loud is the system? I'll be pondering which case all weekend as I'm tempted by the LC16M, which should be easy to silence compared to a smaller case. (Watercooled anyone )

Nick
    Abit IP-35 Pro, Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3Ghz, 8800GTS 512, Zalman Reserator1 External Watercooler, 4GB DDR2, 76GB Raptor 10k, 300GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10, 2x Maxtor 250GB 7.2k, ViewSonic VP201s & Dell 2408

Thanks
    The fans are fairly quiet and I never hear it over the TV - even when its quiet. BUT in a quiet room you can hear it.

I expect if it bothered you you could very easily replace the fans with quieter ones For me the CPU fan was the very loudest thing in the whole system - a stock X2 one.

And yeah I had to take off the backplate holder on the Hauppage card to get it to fit + cut a smaqll piece off of the bit of metal that hold the PCI card into place. Putting a PCI-E card wasn't a problem though - fitted fine.

The case is certainly very tight to work in the area of the PCI slots but I squeezed it all in in the end

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kempez815
    The case is certainly very tight to work in the area of the PCI slots but I squeezed it all in in the end
    I've just ordered the LC16M but thanks for the ideas... I'll see if i get squeeze watercooling into that case instead

Nick
    Abit IP-35 Pro, Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3Ghz, 8800GTS 512, Zalman Reserator1 External Watercooler, 4GB DDR2, 76GB Raptor 10k, 300GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10, 2x Maxtor 250GB 7.2k, ViewSonic VP201s & Dell 2408

Thanks
    can you turn it into the equivalent of a TiVo?

Thanks
    Well yeah kinda

MCE has a listings for all of the sky channels so I choose what I want to record and set sky to auto-on the program

Then just leave them both on (I think you can get it to wake-on for recording but I didn't) and yep - you have a recorded program

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stud
    Very, very nice!

I can't stand the black version of that case - the fake wood ruins it imo. The silver one is however very good looking.

I've got the MCE remote myself, but how do you find the keyboard? - I might get this soon, but know no one who has one.
    Agreed, the silver case is really decent - finish looks great on. Good job, and I'm bitterly jealous of the amount of hardware you've got floating around kempez

And yeah the kb was £99 in John Lewis but I saw it on clearance last weekend for 50 I think. Looks better quality than I thought when I manhandled the (stupidly small) box it comes in!

Thread Information