Thread: IS MY NEW RAM brocken

Thanks

Question IS MY GEIL GOLDEN DRAGON DDR 3500 BROCKEN

Hello guys i just got to day some Geil 2x512mb pc3500golden dragon DDR ram and all i keep getting is bluse screen with loads of codes and stuff comeing up on the screen i formated my hard drive and then tryed putting windows xp back on with the geil ram in and it just keept going down put my old ddr2100 in and not 1 problem @ all.
    Put the geil back in and the same things hapend all offer againe OH all so 1 on the leds on the ram is not working wont run MEM test @ all whats going on pls help
    ALL SO haw do i goabout getting my £200 pounds back as this ram is crap thanks
    Last edited by Planetside; 29-10-2003 at 10:41 PM.

Banned
    Thanks
    Key things to check...

1. RAM timings, set them high, SPD shoudl be okay but may be over optimistic esp if you run the RAM slower than PC3500.

2. Check what voltage you should use. Early Geil req'd disgusting voltages to run at its rated speed.

3. RAM is run synced to FSB.

If the PC2100 works are you testing the PC3500 at PC2100 speed or o/c'ing something?

Thanks
    What motherboard ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks
    when u posted, were u typing REALLY fast to aviod crashing?

run the ram at 7-3-3-2.5 timings, stick it at 2.65 or 2.7v, lower your cpus multiplyer to 8x or somehting low, so at pc3500 speed fsb your cpu will be at a KNOWN STABLE SPEED!!!
    start with the fsb at 333ddr (166fsb) and increase the fsb by 5-20mhz at a time and test with memtest86. once u found the max fsb test with prime95 for 10 mins with the cpu multi still low.

also look on the ram and see if theres any codes, the NS rating, normal voltage + tolerance rating, timings speed etc..

Thread Information