Thread: Audigy - PCI latency - etc...

Thanks

Audigy - PCI latency - etc...

I have an Abit IC-7 and almost every review complains about the clicking noises with the onboard sound. I noticed the faster the FSB the louder the clicks!! When I was overclocking a 533Mhz FSB chip at 640FSB it was barely noticeable. On my new 2.4C at 800Mhz FSB it was somewhat noticeable. At 1200Mhz it got even more noticeable, so I went out and got an Audigy LS.

Anyway, I'm still hearing some popping/cracking noises sometimes.(not nearly as bad) I was wondering if it may be a PCI latency issue especially since Im at such a high FSB, maybe I should increase it from 32 to 64 (it lets you increase in increments of 1)

Or it could be something to do with the AGP/PCI locking going out at around 300Mhz FSB(1200) B/c I know something fishy definitely happens to the AGP over 301Mhz FSB.

Any ideas?

Banned
    Thanks
    Try the latency thing, 32 and 64 are the best settings to use. I'm afraid it would seem you need to play with the drivers and BIOS settings until something works. Try one thing at a time and set it back if it doesn't help.

Thread Information