Thread: a few shuttle queries...

Thanks

a few shuttle queries...

I'm going to buy a Shuttle system this week and need some advice.

I'm going to get:

Shuttle Spacewalker XPC SB61G2

Samsung SM352-B 52x/52x/24x/16x CD-RW/DVD Combo

Sapphire ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB

P4 2.4

The thing is I can't decide whether to get the black samsung drive or the the white one. I've seen a few pics of the Shuttle with the white drive and it looks crap. However with the black drive on the anniversary version it looks pretty slick here

That's with the anniversary version though and the standard SB61G2 is all silver. Is there anyone who can post picturs or links to pictures of shuttles with black/white drives. If i go for the black drive I'll get a Teac floppy to match.

My second question is about the noise. Are these noisy systems when they get going? I've heard the power supply fan can be a bit much.

Lastly any recommendations on an alternate setup or anything extra i should get would be great

Thanks!

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb
    They ain't very noisy at all mate, even the psu fan isn't too bad.i'd go for the black drive and stealth it personally, looks much better

Registered+
    Thanks
    I would go for the black drives. You could always consider getting the 62G2 which is all black- would go well with black drives, nice. The only prob is that the 62G2 does have slightly different specs over the 61G2 since it has dual lan and no 1394 support so it depends on what you want it for. Check out the specs at Shuttles website (http://www.shuttle.com/hq/product/ba..._b.asp?B_id=21).

Personnaly I prefer the all black finish over the silver anyhow.

Hope this is of some interest.

Thanks
    They ain't very noisy at all mate, even the psu fan isn't too bad.i'd go for the black drive and stealth it personally, looks much better
    how do i go about stealthing the drive? I'll have a quick look around the net in the meantime.

I would go for the black drives. You could always consider getting the 62G2 which is all black- would go well with black drives, nice. The only prob is that the 62G2 does have slightly different specs over the 61G2 since it has dual lan and no 1394 support so it depends on what you want it for. Check out the specs at Shuttles website (http://www.shuttle.com/hq/product/b...s_b.asp?B_id=21).
    thanks. i gotta get it off overclockers.co.uk and my budget is is limited to the sb61g2 (plus i like the silver better). the black one seems to have the wireless lan in it which i'd have no use for. 220W power supply though, is that worth it? otherwise its just £20 for a black case.

lastly does anyone know where i can get some good panels with windows and mods for it. I saw some really well modded cases on the net.

thanks!

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb
    Stealthing is where you use the original drive plate over the cd-rom drive like i have -

Thanks
    I've got a Coolermaster aluminium face plate over mine, looks the dogs danglies.

Thread Information