Thread: Is AS5 much better than ceramique?

Thanks

Question Is AS5 much better than ceramique?

I bought a tube of ceramique just before AS5 came out, and haven't even used it yet. I'm about to put my system together, and am musing whether to buy some AS5... but is it worth the extra cash?

I have checked what few reviews there are for AS5, and it seems to produce temps about 2°C lower than AS3, which is about the same improvement that Ceramique tends to give!

Can anyone out there give me a fair comparison between Ceramique and AS5?

Banned
    Thanks
    I actually ordered some Artic Thermal III, and got sent some Ceramique, but I'll be keeping it as its non conductive.

5 is better than 3, but still a bit dodgy if you get some in the wrong place. It also costs almost twice as much as ceramique, and if it is giving the same performace, or a couple of degrees better, at most, it hardly seems worth the effort.

Having said that, the one review I've read said that Artic 5 was by far the best thermal compound on the market.

Depends just how much you need every last degree of temp, I suppose.

Thanks
    I'd rather be getting some ASS than just about anything else. So yes ASS is better.

Bah, I think all those expensive pastes are a rip off. The most any of them give you is like a 1 degree better performance. I buy this big tub thing of some generic paste thats nice & thick (like $5.00) And use it forever.

Thread Information