Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AHH!! computer going crazy! Help

Thanks

AHH!! computer going crazy! Help

basically just finished a fresh build, and i can boot up fine - normally, but now all the time my mother board keeps tellin me i got allsorts of errors, memory, then cpu, then overclockin, it just keeps going, now when i tryed booting it up today and it doesnt even make the monitor switch on, is this a faulty mobo?

ASUS A7V8X
    xp1600+ not overclocked in any way,
    512mb ddr pc2700
    radeon 9000 128mb

also when it does work its runnin at 50 degrees, is this 2 high? have got a Tt volcanoe9 - modded so fan is sucking air off not blowing on

HELP!!

Never try, never fail!
    Thanks
    Why have you modded o it blows air off, almost all of my tests one heatsinks have shown them to be more effective blowing cool air onto the sink.

Reset your bios to defaults using jumper 1 and start again with your setup before writing the mobo off.

Thanks
    Firstly.

Your CPU is running WAY to high temperature! Why have you modified the fan? The CPU cooler is designed to blow air onto the heatsink to keep the CPU nice n fresh.

Your CPU should be running at a nice (but not toasty) 25 - 40 degree's to keep it optimum. My suggestion is - the CPU has probably burnt out and died.

Or its a faulty motherboard.
    AMD Athlon XP 2400+ | Connect3D Radeon 9600PRO | Seagate Barrcuda 80GB HDD | 512mb PC2700 Crucial RAM | MSI KT6 Delta FIS2R | Zorro Silver Case | Windows XP/Gentoo Linux

Thanks
    Reset the CMOS
    AMD Athlon XP 2400+ | Connect3D Radeon 9600PRO | Seagate Barrcuda 80GB HDD | 512mb PC2700 Crucial RAM | MSI KT6 Delta FIS2R | Zorro Silver Case | Windows XP/Gentoo Linux

Thanks
    50 degrees will not kill the CPU.

AMD's are meant to be able to take up to 85 degrees so it's ok. The thunderbird series ran at 50 degrees normally!

I would suggest resetting the CMOS and starting over and trying to fix the problems one by one to find the source of the problem.

Thanks
    I would of thought that 50 degrees is still pretty high.

I have no idea on why he's modyfied the CPU cooler to blow air out.

dgr
    Thanks
    50 degrees is fine. its not ideal, somewhere around 35 would be better, but gamezfreak estimate of 25- 40 is very low. ambient for the room i'm in is 25 degrees!

put it this way, i would prefer a quiet pc at 50 degrees than an extremely loud one at 25...
    dothan 745 @ 2.4ghz | 2gb Corsair XMS (2-3-3-6) | dual raptors (raid0) | ATI 9700pro | CM201 | dual lg 1810

Thanks
    I suppose people have different taste's in how cool their CPU is

It could be a floppy drive problem - Some motherboards don't like booting without a floppy being connected!

Thanks
    ...Forgot to mention - Check the floppy cable to see if it hasn'tfllen out or owt

Thanks
    • Barry's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z270M-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 7700
      • Memory:
      • 16GB (2x8GB) Avexir 2400
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 860 256GB SSD, Sandisk Ultra 3D 500GB, LG BR Writer
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Evga GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM750I
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" Acer UHD 4K2K
      • Internet:
      • Sky Fibre
    V9's are ment to blow not suck - they are carp HSF's at the best of times try turning it the right way round
    Someone left a note on a piece of cake in the fridge that said, "Do not eat!". I ate the cake and left a note saying, "Yuck, who the hell eats paper ?

Never try, never fail!
    Thanks
    Ummmm which motherboards dont like booting without a floppy drive. I have been a system builder for 6 years and have not come across this. In fact the closest i have come to this is an error saying f1 to continue if its not disabled in the bios.

Also 50 degrees is fine as it still gives you a good margin for heat without problem. To say this would have caused it to burn out and die is lunacy. Advice is best given when its based on fact, what if he had gone out and bought a new chip after that, a chunk of someones cash wasted....

Also there have been a lot of bios revisions on the asus kt400, may well be worth a look in that direction too if you can get it to post again. The bios reset should at least do that for you.

Good luck mate

Thanks
    • Barry's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z270M-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 7700
      • Memory:
      • 16GB (2x8GB) Avexir 2400
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 860 256GB SSD, Sandisk Ultra 3D 500GB, LG BR Writer
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Evga GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM750I
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" Acer UHD 4K2K
      • Internet:
      • Sky Fibre
    the A7V8X has a big problem with using some types of ram

is the ram generic ?
    Someone left a note on a piece of cake in the fridge that said, "Do not eat!". I ate the cake and left a note saying, "Yuck, who the hell eats paper ?

Thanks
    Originally posted by SmileyUK
    Ummmm which motherboards dont like booting without a floppy drive.
    The MSI kT6 delta doesn't seem to! We tried for about an 30 mins - it wouldn't post at all.

Attached a floy drive - Post'd perfectly.

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks
    if you want info on the asus board a good forum to go check out is the www.nforcershq.com site...there are lots of good links - just have a snoop around