Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Overclockers.co.uk - The Saga Continues.

Thanks
    Have to agree that the local shops no matter how high profile can have a bunch of spanners working in them. I think if you make your case to OCUK that you are just a customer who's trying to get their PC working and can they help you instead of being unhelpful and charging you for it. Either they are interested in providing customer service or they aren't.

Thanks
    I would have to agree with Vini on this.

Also, something else you might consider is that next time dont take the parts to "other" computer shops. These lesser known local stores "dont" know what there doing. Most employ school leavers at the standard £3.60 an hour for cheap labour. Most are not experienced with the new high end stuff because they only sell cheap low end items at extortianate prices.

And whats to say that they couldnt have done further damage to the said items?

Next time just rma the items to the original place of purchase.

Have you checked the psu in your current system to see if thats causing the problem?

also

What are you suggesting I do? Just say "Oh well, Overclockers say they work", and kiss goodbye to £400, because I, nor anyone else, can get them to work?
    Sitting here complaining to the community will not solve your problem, get on the phone to citizen's advice and trading standards and also Overclockers. Be polite and courteous, treat them as you would like to be treated and try to sort the problem out by asking them to send you proof that the items were working.

In this circumstance they were wrong for charging your card without your consent. But thats another legal issue you should discuss with your solicitor
    Last edited by Yosh; 01-11-2003 at 11:59 AM.
    Insert signature here.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Vaul
    [B]What are you suggesting I do? Just say "Oh well, Overclockers say they work", and kiss goodbye to £400, because I, nor anyone else, can get them to work?
    No. im suggesting you get them looked at, somewhere a bit better. Send all your lot back to OcUK have them test it all as one, thats the only way youll know whats working and whats not. If they get it all working together then its user error.

Originally posted by Vaul I'm not paying £400 for items I can't use. I wouldn't expect anyone else to either.
    Nor would i.

Originally posted by Vaul And if they refuse to give me a refund, then I will contact Barclay Cards fraud protect department, and then Trading standards, and then a trip to the Citizens Advice people, and then the small claims court, and then whatever else it takes to get my money back, no matter how much effort I have to put in, no matter who I have to get invovled, and no matter how long it takes.
    If theyre right they wont care.

Originally posted by Vaul Perhaps you'd like to offer an explanation as to why these 'working' items do not work in my system, any of my friends systems, and several computer repair firms systems?
    Have you tried a new CPU and RAM? Restting CMOS, all the things you should do first basically? Tried booting it out of a case, to check for shorts etc? Tried a different graphics card in your Abit? Tried all your lot in another board? What PSU you got? CPU? RAM?

Yes, i know i could be completely wrong, but i still find it hard to believe 2 brand new items are DOA.

Banned
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Pigboy
    Have you checked the psu in your current system to see if thats causing the problem?
    Let me have another go an explaining - my PSU works, and is confirmed working. Regardless of this, it is not just my system that they do not work in, it is EVERY SYSTEM THAT THEY HAVE BEEN TESTED IN.

Yes?

I can't get them to work, and nor can anyone else. Only Overclockers claim they work, which would be great, if the items would function outside of the Overclockers test area, but they don't.

Sitting here complaining to the community will not solve your problem
    I'm informing the community, so they can take the information on board, and perhaps decide who and who not to order from. I think treatment of customers like this, is of interest to the public.

If these items work, then there has to be a feasable reason for them only working in Overclockers test system, and no other. I can't think of one.

Banned
    Thanks
    Vini - Yes mate, RAM, CPU and Power Supply all confirmed working. All other combinations of equipment work, apart from any time the motherboard and\or graphics card are invovled.

Putting another working graphics card in my motherboard does nothing, connecting my graphics card to another motherboard does nothing.

Thanks
    I'm informing the community, so they can take the information on board, and perhaps decide who and who not to order from. I think treatment of customers like this, is of interest to the public.
    The community already knows about the up's and down's of overclockers, the same as many other companies

Listening to your views on the matter without someone from overclockers to speak on behalf of there best interests is a little biast, dont you think.
    Insert signature here.

Banned
    Thanks
    The community already knows about the up's and down's of overclockers, the same as many other companies
    Judging from the amount of people who have said that they had had similar experiances with Overclockers, I'd say that you're right. Still, no reason not to discuss this situation.

Thanks

Listening to your views on the matter without someone from overclockers to speak on behalf of there best interests is a little biast, dont you think.
    They are more than welcome to comment

Hope it gets sorted

I've had my problems with ocuk but on the two occasions I've had to return stuff they were very speedy . I may have got special treatment bcos of my position there then but I doubt it

Thanks
    I ordered a processor once

they sent the wrong one, i called them. "bleh"!

never again
    Insert signature here.

2nd hardest inthe infants petrefax's Avatar
    Thanks
    probably not a great deal of help but you could get your £30 back straight away by contacting your CC company & requesting a chargeback - if you've not authorised this payment (which you haven't) then your CC will instantly recharge their bank for the £30 - in this instance its the responsibility of their bank to prove you authorised the transaction, which they obviously cannot

ok, so you're still down £300+ but its a start
    if it ain't broke...fix it till it is

Banned
    Thanks
    Cheers everyone for the advice. I'll keep you informed on the situation.

Lets hope we can sort it out, without having to get everyone and their brother invovled.

Stu.

Thanks
    Vaul - where about are you located mate ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks
    • wilsonian's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X570 TUF
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen R7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB 3600MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung1TB 970 EVO M.2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon RX570 Nitro+
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 850W Gold
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-B25F
    have you asked for pictures of your items (note the serial number) working, also an engineers report and test results. if this still doesn't sort it out the only thing i can think of is you take them to over clockers and get them tested in front of you (best way to settle this - you see them working 100%)

Banned
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Agent
    Vaul - where about are you located mate ?
    The parts in question are in Withnell, which is near Preston.

Thanks
    BTW.. What PSU are you using?

(Ya I know you said it works, but just wondering)

Thanks
    Sorry to hear about your dilema mate

If I were you, I would get myself up there, ask theme to PROVE that they are working, if they work then...umm...go for a pint...if they dont work, get your refund, give Mr Spie a wedgie and do ur stuff.

Dboy

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information