Thread: Best 5.1 speaker set for under £80

Thanks

Best 5.1 speaker set for under £80

Need some new speakers, but on a tight budget. What the best 5.1 set for less £80?

Thanks
    Almost certainly the Logitech X530 set. You could have a look at the new(ish) Creative 6060 set, but the X530s are really superior for a budget. Note this is all from reading reviews and forums only, not personal experience, but they're probably what I'm going to get.

Fluff_eei
    I've completed tetris...

pounder!
    Thanks
    i have the x530s and am not too pleased if im honest. getting them to actually work at 5.1 took days to figure out, but then im a girl. i think mine may be faulty as they often make weird noises and every review i read was very good for them.
    when they do work the quality is very good, and they are very nice appearance wise, but i would go for the creatives if i had to choose again.

Thanks
    I'm looking at the x530's. I saw them in PC World on sale for £60. Almost bought them but then saw them on Scan for £45. They seem to be the ones on a budget. I cant see how they can be that great for £45, but then beggars cant be choosers i guess. Everything worth buying seems to be way more expensive, apart from the big wooden ones that are meant to be amazing for £80ish (forgot the make) but they are just too big and old fashioned looking for me.

Quote Originally Posted by phunkygal
    i have the x530s and am not too pleased if im honest. getting them to actually work at 5.1 took days to figure out, but then im a girl. i think mine may be faulty as they often make weird noises and every review i read was very good for them.
    when they do work the quality is very good, and they are very nice appearance wise, but i would go for the creatives if i had to choose again.
    What being a girl got to do with it? Getting 5.1 right is an arse for most people. In fact it was my girlfriend that helped to get mine just right (much better ears).

Anyway, What noises? Could be feedback/interference. Try moving the Sub or power block to different locations. I will take a look at the creatives too though now thanks, what model number?
    Last edited by autopilot; 20-01-2006 at 08:14 PM.

pounder!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous_dom

What being a girl got to do with it? Getting 5.1 right is an arse for most people. In fact it was my girlfriend that helped to get mine just right (much better ears).
    im not a very motivated girl though - tend o just give up too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous_dom
    Anyway, What noises? Could be feedback/interference. Try moving the Sub or power block to different locations. I will take a look at the creatives too though now thanks, what model number?
    owww... i just banged my head moving the sub. i think the noises are feedback.. im not really sure and the speakers are the least of my pc probs at the mo... hard drives made the beeps of death and ive lost all my music (very angry) and now in 64bit confusion.

the creatives i was thinking about were either the P5800 budget price, my housemate has these no probs to report...cept i dont think they look that nice or the Creative i-Trigue 5600 which are very more pricy but i read a good review.. custom pc i thinks.

Formerly known as Viet Cong Zombi and tuone
    Thanks
    I got a 300 W surroundsound celestion (hum) audiofile hi-fi jobby from eBay for about 65 delivered -lots of space but great bass

Thread Information