Thread: New pc problems :(

Registered+
    Thanks

Angry New pc problems :(

Just built my new pc and it's been problematic...
    Figured out that nVidia firewall was corrupting all my downloads - that problem solved.
    Now i'm having problems with the usb ports on the PC, none of them seem to have enough power running through them.

When i plug my usb wireless keyboard/mouse in it occasionally loses power and freezes.
    When i plug my usb ipod it doesn't connect to the pc and there is a symbol on the screen on the ipod that looks like it's saying not enough power.

Heres my setup:

AMD64 x2 3800+ @ stock
    Asus A8N Sli Premium
    2x 1GB Corsair Ram @ stock
    Hiper 580w PSU
    XFX Geforce 7800GT @ 450mhz
    2x Samsung 250GB spinpoints (RAID0)
    1x Sony DVDRW
    1x Sony floppy
    2x standard case fans

Now i know i've got enough power from my PSU (580w), anyone got any ideas as i'm losing the plot over this setup?

Registered+
    Thanks
    Ok, the ipod has fired up, but i'm still concered why the wireless keyboard and mouse loses power occasionally via usb and not using the ps/2. This may happen to the ipod and screw it up so any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks
    wow don't mean to hikack this thread but i have the asus a8n-e and a microsoft wireless desktop 1000 and my keyboard/mouse always stops and freeezes and the reciever lights on the little hub always dissapear, i never thought it could be due to lack of power. i got a 480 watt antec trueblue psu.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by y2w2003
    wow don't mean to hikack this thread but i have the asus a8n-e and a microsoft wireless desktop 1000 and my keyboard/mouse always stops and freeezes and the reciever lights on the little hub always dissapear, i never thought it could be due to lack of power. i got a 480 watt antec trueblue psu.
    Maybe it's not the power and just the m/s wireless desktop and mobo compatibilty, i have the m/s comfort wireless pack. The only reason i thought it was a problem with the usb on my asus mobo was that the wireless key/mouse worked on my old gigabyte mobo fine. My ipod seems fine and i'll just keep using this wireless desktop on the ps/2 ports.

Thanks for replying to the post!

Thanks
    you know what, it works on my other rig and the laptop fine so the fact it could be incompatible is right it seems, which is what i thought. I ordered a replacement for the desktop and it should be coming next week if it doesn't work again which is probably likely what do you think is the best option?

Registered+
    Thanks
    Ok, on my wireless set I can use either USB or PS/2 (using a USB to PS/2 converter). If USB doesn't work then use the standard keyboard and mouse ports on the back of the mobo using PS/2. Mine has worked like a treat after doing that and it frees up another usb port
    Let me know if replacing it does the trick though and i'll dig the reciept out for mine.

Thanks
    Ye that is what i would do but the thing is they did not supply me with a splitter to connect to the ps2 ports!!!!! It's so strange and annoying as i heard almost eveyrone with there desktops got a splitter.

Thread Information