Thread: Corrupt Files

Thanks

Corrupt Files

I just bought a new cpu/mboard/ram/gfx and now every time I save a file from the internet it corrupts and I can't run it. I've been saving to different hard drives with no effect and used 4 different sticks of ram, one at a time with no effect.

The motherboard I'm using is an Asus A8N-SLI dexluxe, cpu is X2 4200+ and I am perplexed. Windows installs fine of the CD and then when I try downloading anything it won't run/uncompress because it's corrupt.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    It may be your connection to the internet? Do you have a different computer to test that? Also, have you tried using a download manager?

It seems really odd. Might be the Network Port on the motherboard too? But then again, websites work fine, so downloads should? Perhaps if you have 2 computers, test sending a file accross your network to see if its your PC or Internet?

Thanks
    hmm, stuck a pci network card in and it's working now. Seems like a strange fault. Has anyone else had problems with asus A8N-SLI network connections? Just wondering if it could be to do with the built in firewall or something.

Thanks
    I have that motherboard, although no problems, I have noticed that there a little slow to start? Not sure if thats Windows, or McAfee slowing it down until security is up though? But the PC boots very fast, and then I have to wait a few seconds for the Network to connect? Maybe I will get better luck if I specify the IP rather than be lazy and use DHCP. lol.

Otherwise though, no I have almost the same motherboard as you (A8N-SLI Premium) and its fine for me? Saying that, when I got the PC, it did not connect by its self like it normally does, I did have to run the Network Setup wizard. (I did have issues with the PC with the GPU so Scan took it back, so that might have been why I had to run the wizard as it was set up for there network not mine, when they took it back to repair, and test.)

Thread Information