Quote Originally Posted by cptwhite_uk
If you're wanting maximum power on a budget. Conisder an opteron 146 (single core) £125, ASrock 939Dual Motherboard £42, 2Gb Corsair Value Select RAM £110, Antec Silnetium 350W Seasonic PSU case - they're extremely quiet and psu is powerful enough (top brand!) £50, Arctic Freezer 64 Pro for the CPU fan/heatsink £20, i'd treat yourself to something half decent vid card wise - 256mb x800gt powercolour

That's your basic set-up for £425 (compared to the £582 in the prices you outlined above)

You'll get a processor that will overclock to Athlon Fx-55 / Fx-57 speed (2.6Ghz), 2Gb of stable RAM, a quiet pc, a decent graphics card and a PSU which you can rely on to be stable.
IT wont overclock far whith that ram. Definattely get 2GB of ram though, unless you overclock PC4000 ram will run at PC3200 anyway. Also speed difference because of latencys is nothing in an office enviroment.

I would also get at least a 400 watt (good) PSU, i like tagan or seasonic personally.

Also going back to the quote, whats the point of treating himself to a nice GPU when he has no gaming needs?