Thread: Microdirect Worst Service Ive received in 10 years

Thanks

Microdirect Worst Service Ive received in 10 years

Microdirect - Very poor customer Service
    looks Like I wont be getting my machine built today !
    Tell me are all companies like this ? When a similar thing happened with Overclockers.co.uk they gave me a sat delivery for Free. I am angry at the indifferent attitude of this manager.

Microdirect Beeped ! up again and they won't have my case delivered until Monday !

1. This all started on Wednesday when I ordered my 3rd computer components!

2. The components arrived on thursday minus the computer case. all that was written on the paper was to Follow.

3. I talked to 3 people at microdirect and it took me 3.5 hrs to get someone to call me back after I pestered them. turns out there was a problem with the picking and it would be sent to me for Friday.

4. Had someone wait in today for the case and even phoned up Amtrak there courier to get it redelivered somewhere else! Amtrak had no record of any delivery outgoing for me today.

5. I phoned Microdirect and spoke to someone and he said it would defiantely be with me today.I asked and received an consignment note.

6. I phoned up Amtrak to check the consignment note and it was yesterday consignment which I had received. ( half of the package anyway )

7. I then phoned up microdirect and got through to someone called Chris and asked as considering they have made such a messup they should ship for a sat delivery, He talked to his manager called shorib who declined this request.

8. I was like what ! Can you please explain why not and asked him to put the manager through to me. ( bearing in mind he was on loudspeaker and the entire It staff and my manager was listening in.

9. I talked to their Sales Managers explaining that it was his fault and I should get it delivered for Sat and he said basically he won't do it although it was meant to have been delivered for thursday ! He said that he was paying costs for it to be redelivered anyway ! Im like what ? its your fault you never shipped it originally and you should pay the costs.

10. Basically he said I was'nt worth the extra money ( £25 ) to spend on Sat delivery even thogh they acknowledged it was their fault with some problems to do with picking ! and that I should be grateful that i was'nt going to pay the £10 cost for delivery of the case to me.

11. He said he would compromise and let me have Sat delivery for £15 ! I told him No. At my workplace we support over 600 people internal and external and we are a majour shipping site to all of the UK. If we mess an order up we will overnight it as it was our fault !

12. I won't be using this company again ! To think Ive spent over £500 there ! I will go back to Komplett and Overclockers who are slightly more expensive but way better service ! I know £500 is nothing and at work we spend £10000 plus on laptops and equipment. Put it this way Microdirect will never get their hands on any of our Works Money.

I am angry and dissapointed.

Thanks
    • Rabs's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 6700K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Red
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 Pro Nvme, 1TB Seagate HD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA Nvidia 970OC
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster Ethusiast 850W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Stacker STC 101
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq GW2760 27"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Cable 200/12
    First of all I sympathise with you mate, heres my story...

I ordered I Shuttle SN45G from Microdirect on Sunday 26th Oct on 'click the clock', I checked the site - loads in stock, great I thought it should be here for Wednesday...

(Monies deducted from my account Tuesday 28th)...

Well Friday came and a nice email appeared, sorry you have failed the security check WTF!?!...

I telephoned them only to be told that because I signed up twice to the website (which I'll explain in a mo..) my orders being held up.

I signed up twice to the site, as the first time I never got a confirmation email saying account ok and ready to use, I signed up again and the email came through straight away, all the same details just a different email addy.

I'm now fuming and tell them I would like my item for tommorrow otherwise I'll come and pick it up and want a refund of postage (I live in Preston so its a 40 min journey to Manc Land).

I was then told sorry we cannot do this, they'll have to arrange a refund and I'll have to pay again at the counter if I want a Shuttle for tomm (Sat 1st Nov).

Well then... I was that disgusted with the service I went on the Saturday and purchased my goods from Aria (which just happens to be down the road from MD), top notch service and a friendly sales guy who recommended a better 9600 Pro that I was gonna buy for more or less the same price!

Well its Friday 7th today and I had a phone call yesterday asking if I wanted a refund, erm I thought we sorted that out last friday, so now there apparently sorting this out...

My first and last order thats all I can say...

(sidenote: this is a post of my personal experiences with MD and have nothing to do with anyone else or the owners of this site - before you start with the legal crap...)

Thanks
    • Butuz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z77 MPOWER
      • CPU:
      • I7 3770K @ 4.6
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair XMS 1866
      • Storage:
      • Sandisk SSDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 3xR9 290
      • PSU:
      • be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10
      • Case:
      • Inwin H Frame
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
    Hehe companies just dont realise the knock on effect of giving home users bad service. Very shortsighted.

At home, i spend a few hundred every once in a while, if they screw my order up, who cares? I dont spend that much, might be not worth bothering with?

At work, Anual turnover for 2003-2004 looks to be 3.3 Million. Guess who is in charge of sourcing new PC hardware, software and buying spares etc in order to service current PC's and servers that break (i.e hard drives, mobos, whatnot).

Yup, you guessed it. I often use my home ordering experiances as a guide to what companies to create corporate accounts with. Treating me like crap over a £120 grafix card could well end up costing the company a hellof a lot more £££ in lost potential orders @ work.

I think its kinda funny, they dont have any clue whatsoever how much cash they could be losing when they piss me off at home. Makes me smile every time.

Butuz

Thanks
    Lol

I know what you mean. our account manager was there at the time and he was in utter shock of how badly they treated me. We buy toughtbook laptops in which costs us 2.5 k a time ! and imagine on how much more we buy stuff. I can safely say I will never buiy anything off them again !

Thanks
    If Anyone else has a bad story about Microdirect then please let me know ! I am shocked and angry and will be going to as many feedback sites as possible like romulas to leave them bad feedback !!

So the campaign begins !!

Happy Now?
    Thanks
    Ive been instore many times and got stuff without problem. Spose that's the benefit of them being 10mins down the road
    I dont like sig pics so i turn off sigs Which doesnt help when i dont know what ive written here! DOH!

Thanks
    Lol not all of us have that benefit !

Thanks
    Sorry to hear about your problems. Sadly im not shocked to hear this. As has been said earlier, its very much the attitude of a lot of places these days, totally disgusting. Having experienced this myself many times. You only seem to get the royal treatment if you spend loads.

Having worked for a company very much like this, its all down to a total lack of organisation and understanding of after sales inside the company, once they have your money their not that interested, completely the wrong attitude.

I would have a least expected a token refund as i sign of goodwill

Scary!
    Thanks
    I sent an Asus A7N8X-Deluxe motherboard back to micro-direct with rma number change of address (as i'd moved) and it's taken nearly 2 months to get it sorted.
    The guy in the returns dept was pathetic, they sent a motherboard out to the old address, i had to wait and email them my original mail stating that i had a different address....i wouldn't touch em with a barge pole....
    To top it off i was told that because of the trouble i would receive a brand new board because of the mix-up, lo and behold a revision 1 opened board turned up at my door....i can't even be arsed to ring em up and complain again....complete crap!

DO NOT USE MICRO-DIRECT

Thanks
    lol look at there site:
    http://www.microdirect.co.uk/text/default.asp
    there old site was pathetic but this is just rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbishe

*** edit ***
    opera and IE users get different versions of the site. opera imo is better but i still, rarly, use IE (and avant which is based on IE)

site: www.microdirect.co.uk/
    IE users get redirected to: www.microdirect.co.uk/default2.asp
    opera users get redirected to: www.microdirect.co.uk/text/default.asp

more about this here:
    http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?threadid=7009
    if any one can, i wouldnt mind an edited version with out the opera part of the string which says what browser it is
    Last edited by SilentDeath; 07-11-2003 at 11:39 PM.

Thanks
    • streetster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7P55D-E
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 750 2.67 @ 4.0Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 2x1TB Drives [RAID0]
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2xSapphire HD 4870 512MB CrossFireX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Black Widow
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2311
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 50Mb
    +--OKI B6100N mono network ready laser was GBP 579.00 now GBP 591.00
    +--OKI B6100DN mono network + duplex was GBP 639.00 now GBP 656.00

hahahahaha

all the prices are eiter the same or more it seems!

Scary!
    Thanks
    nice one LOL

Thanks
    It would be great to let some of these suppliers know the effect of their poor customer service.

If they were to be told "Due to your less than satisfying service we would like to inform the company I work for has decided against using you as a supplier of our next order....." etc. Outline what you would have spent had they been on the ball.

If only there was some way to get it into their heads. Personally I think making sure they don't get away with their mistakes is priority. If you are in the right make sure you don't give in and get what you paid for.

Ruin that rep's day. Ring them until its right. Email. Tell them you'll call to the office. Obviously don't buy off them again and inform them you'll be advising others not to either.

Unfortunately as long as they make a profit they won't change much. Just don't make easy for them.

Thanks
    Yes I won't ever use them again Id rather spend slightly more at a better company !

As long as ppl know about them and not buy from them Im happy !

Thanks
    • Enverex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H77n-WiFi
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5-3570K with Scythe Shuriken
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 1600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 500GB SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 670 2GB OC Power Edition
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 550W G2
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Sugo SG11
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 42LW550T 42" TV
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity
    I won't be using them again either. A While back I ordered something from them as it was apparently in stock but not anywhere else, and a week later they decided to tell me that it was infact not in stock at all, even though I had paid for next day delivery and their site still said in stock.

Took about 3 phone calls to cancel the order, and eventually did, and now all I get is spam from them, which I can't stop because I don't have an account, which apparently I have to log in to turn off the spam

Thumbs Down

NS

Thanks

Sorry to hear that.. But to be honest, I think you are very lucky if this is the worst service you've received in 10 years.

Still, if you want to warn future buyers, post your experience at http://www.romulus2.com/feedback/chart.php?1

EDIT: Lol... They are ranked 107
    Last edited by TooNice; 09-11-2003 at 11:59 AM.

Thread Information