Thread: Oh Noes!!!!

Umbra Messor
    Thanks

Oh Noes!!!!

Well last night, i was trying to sort my games jerking problem out, to make sure that i had tried everything i could to fix it, i pluged in an old hard drive, and asked ghost to make an image onto it.. rebooted and "No OS" so i deleated *** partition as a guide said and "Missing NTLDR" so i tried for a few hours to repair this before giving up, just as i did this one of my hard drives became unformated.... i installed windows and it got to the welcome screen then blue screened and reset continualy.

Then my hard drive started going Beep Crack Beep Crack Beep Crack... disturbing so i disconected it, tried my hard drive that was left widows says "C:\ Is Corupted and cannot be repaired press any button to exit" So i thought crap 90GB.... the last 4 years of my PC life corupted....

I pluged in the 20GB HDD that is my spare again and tried installing windows... but it gets so far into the instaltion and bam.... *Blue Screen Of Death* I swear it laughed at me..... no matter what i try i cannot get windows installed Before it blue screens...

So my question be this, what could cause this? Is it worth repairing? Will there be any way for me to get my data back off the corupted hard drive?

The hard drive says its formated in NTSF still, and also says there is 69GB free im sure there should be less free... but i dont wanna lose all my stuff so if anyone can help i will love them forever heh.

I have tried different memory in different slots btw.... not much else i can try....first pc jerking.....then norton ghost.... then dead hard drive and corupted hard drive and inability to isntall windows.... what the hell is going on :S (Had Mobo, CPU, Mem, PSU, Graphics Since May 05)

TY

Abit NF7-S V2.0 || XP1700 @ 2.43ghz (1.825V) 211FSB || 2 * 512MB twinmos @ 422Mhz (7-3-2-2)
    SLK-900, Delta Screemer & AS3 || Radeon 9800pro 128MB 425.25/366.75
    LG Combi drive || LG DVD RW || 2 * 120GB IBM || 60GB Maxtor USB

Thanks
    Perhaps try Memtest? Or the various utilities on UBCD? (Includes Memtest, Prime95 and various HDD checkers)
    "Well, there was your Uncle Tiberius who died wrapped in cabbage leaves but we assumed that was a freak accident."

Umbra Messor
    Thanks
    ...... If i cant install windows..... i cant get into windows..... how can i run them..... is there a boot cd that can do it?

Abit NF7-S V2.0 || XP1700 @ 2.43ghz (1.825V) 211FSB || 2 * 512MB twinmos @ 422Mhz (7-3-2-2)

Thanks
    • cptwhite_uk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450i Gaming plus Wifi
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb DRR4 Trident Z 3200 C16
      • Storage:
      • Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 1Tb NVME SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RX 6800 16Gb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair SF600 Gold
      • Case:
      • Ncase M1 v6
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF (2560x1440 144Hz Nano IPS)
      • Internet:
      • Bt 500 Mbps
    a dodgy / scratched copy of the windows install CD can cause blue screen errors when installing - I always install from a copied CD and keep the original in mint condition. However my last copy was seriously crappy for some reason and I'd already formatted so used the original CD....installed fine....it's possibly your CD which has become damaged.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcb33
    ...... If i cant install windows..... i cant get into windows..... how can i run them..... is there a boot cd that can do it?
    Memtest boots off a floppy. UBCD is the Ultimate Boot CD i.e. it is a bootable CD.
    "Well, there was your Uncle Tiberius who died wrapped in cabbage leaves but we assumed that was a freak accident."

Thanks
    What was the problem of the jerky games, this mabe one of the early sighns of something going wrong, you say you were trying to fix it with changing settings so i suppose it wasnt a performance need issue?

Also a craped up installation cd is bad as said above, are you using an original or a backup cd?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Umbra Messor
    Thanks
    Im using the origional Windows CD.... will try making a copy and seeing what happens.... ther jerky games have been going on for a while.... tho they kept getting worse, have a good spec so wasent preformance related im not realy sure what it was.... tried so many things and now my hard drive is dead..... Thinking of buying a mesh pc as replacement

Thread Information