Thread: which proccessor for a sn95g5v3 ?

w33d smoka
    Thanks

which proccessor for a sn95g5v3 ?

hi there

im wanting to buy this particular shuttle xpc but everywhere i go for info its patchy on which particular chip will run in this machine,,i was wanting to use a san diego chip with 1mb cache so could any1 help by feeding me any info regarding this,maybe the san diego 3700 or the san diego 4000.

hopefully 1 of these two processors will work?

any info appreciated.

thnx.

w33d smoka
    Thanks
    any1?

im wanting to order this tonight but ineed to know if any1 else has this system with any of these particular processors.

thnx.

mic.

Banned
    Thanks
    sn95g have agp, so you need to pay alot for a gfx,

go for the sn25, the price diffrence you gonna pay it anyyway with the sn95g gfx

w33d smoka
    Thanks
    i have an x800xl 256mb from my present shuttle now which im using,ile still be able to use this wont i as this is agp?

i didnt realy want to jump to pci just yet as i still have a pretty decent agp card for a while,i guess the main reason tho is i just dont know a gret deal about pci express etc other than it runs @16x where agp runs@ 8x,id appreciate any further info on the matter tho as id prolly make the jump if it was more than worth it.

i also love the look of the sn95g its classy and will fit perfectly in shade with my twin 19" ag neovo tfts.

any info appreciated,i realy want to order this soon unless a better shuttle is available whitch is built for gaming.

thnx.

mic.

Banned
    Thanks
    go ahead and order if you are after agp shuttle, this is latest and greatest skt939 that accepts AGP from shuttle

the other choice you have is to go for MAtx boards, it will be bit cheaper but more hasstle to put up

Banned
    Thanks
    go dual core, much faster, although software does not use it yet, but you would be amazed on how much processing is needed for your background proceesses

Thanks
    Some of the V1 & V2 versions of the SN95G5s had problems with Venice and San Diegos, but not the V3's as they came out after the introduction of these processors. Hence as long as you purchase a v3 you should not have any problems with any of the two processors you mentioned.

If you want to put your mind at ease here is the SN95G5 V3 Processor Compatibility List
    http://global.shuttle.com/Support/Su...%20V3(FN95V3.x

I would also advise for the dual cores, recently upgraded from a Venice 3200 @ 2.6 to X2 3800 @ 2.6 on my SN95G5 and have to admit it was worth the extra money spent for multitasking.

w33d smoka
    Thanks
    thnx for the info fellas,,unfortunately ive ordered now and didnt read this intime to get the dual core processor,(i had been pondering it to) ijus bought the san diego 3700 but im sure if the machines worthy ile be happy to buy a dual core in the near future,,thnx again.

mic.

w33d smoka
    Thanks
    well igot my new system built yesterday guys thnx for your help and guidance shes a beuty so she is and quick as hell to i didnt think id see to much of a jump from my barton 3200 shuttle sn41g2 but boy am i supprised,im scoring over 25000 on 3dmk 2001 and 10500 on 3dmk 2003 so im a happy bunny.

oh by the way thnx for your reccomendation about going dual core "someone mad" i bought myself a dual core athlon64 4400+ 2x1mb cache and oh lord isit sweeet and supprisingly quite cool too (much cooler than my barton) i took the opportunity of writing down the codes printed on the chip befor i installed her (ada4400daa6cd) (ccbwe) (0536xpmw1326857i50358) im not sure what any of this means in the way of overclocking etc but in the stats that i get benching it says the maximum internal clock is 3ghz,can any1 tell me more?

thnx again guys.

mic.

Thanks
    Congrats on your new rig, just did a quick check on 0536xpmw and from what I can see many people can run those @ 2.6 -2.7 with 1.45 to 1.55 volts

You may get more information @ xtremesystems forums about your cpu's steppings, unfortunately it seems like the site is down today

Good luck overclocking it to FX60 speeds

w33d smoka
    Thanks
    thnx for the info turk,ile be sure to givit a whirl n let u all know.

mic.

Thread Information