• XFX 7900GTX
      • PSU:
      • 500W Seasonic S12
      • Case:
      • Akasa Mirage
      • Monitor(s):
      • 18" Dell

What do these mean?

Im a n00b at hardware and i was just looking at posts of the forums, there were 2 things i have no idea what they mean and i was just wondering.

The first is "(AMD running at 2-2-2/1T Timings, and the Intel running DDR2 at 4-4-4.)" I know that the 2-2-2 is the latency, but what is the 1T? And how come the Intel one only has 3 numbers and no /[number]?

Secondly, i read "intel conroe can do 1M Super Pi @ 21secs" Whats this mean? People said stuff like "wow thats fast" or whatever...but whats that got to do with speed? i thought speed was determined by the ghz, the clock speed, the cache bla bla. Maybe thats a stupid question but bear with me...as i said i havent much of a clue about hardware.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Super Pi is just a way of telling how fast a CPU is. It calculate pi to so many decimal places (a fixed number, not sure how many). Obviously, the quicker the CPU, the lower the time taken to calculate pi.
    "Well, there was your Uncle Tiberius who died wrapped in cabbage leaves but we assumed that was a freak accident."

Thanks
    But as with all benchmarks its not the be all and end all, as it only really shows how good the pc is at arithmatic, so for games it might be rubbish, a fairly popular benchmark though as mike said.

Thread Information