Thread: Copperhead - LMB & RMB don't work when moving!

Thanks
    • JimNastics's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5K Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb
      • Storage:
      • About 750gb me thinks...
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA ACS3 8800GTS
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520w
      • Case:
      • Antec P182
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2005FPW
      • Internet:
      • IDNet 8mb

Copperhead - LMB & RMB don't work when moving!

Just recieved my Copperhead this morning, and have already found a problem which is annoying me. I'm currently half-way through Psychonauts, having played so far with my trusty Intellimouse. Using the Copperhead for the first time, it seems that when I'm moving the mouse around to swing the camera, neither the LMB or the RMB work during movement. This isn't just once or twice, I can stand there swinging the camera round and neither button ever works... never had this problem with the Intellimouse. Has anyone ever come across this is any other game / application? Are there any Copperhead and Psychonauts owners who could try this and see if they get the same problem?

Thanks
    Have you tried grabbing the latest drivers from razers site? I updated both drivers and firmware just after I got mine in December last year. Cleared a lot of issues up for me.
    What we share with everyone is glum, and dark...

Thanks
    • JimNastics's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5K Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb
      • Storage:
      • About 750gb me thinks...
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA ACS3 8800GTS
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520w
      • Case:
      • Antec P182
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2005FPW
      • Internet:
      • IDNet 8mb
    Yep grabbed the latest drivers and firmware this morning, first thing I did before trying to play games or whatever. Found this page:

http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=963526

Where someone makes this comment:

"I play Quake 4 with no problems whatsoever. It is skipless. I've seen some issues in another game (Psychonauts), but I'd lean towards the game not handling the resolution of the mouse rather than the mouse itself skipping."

BF2 works fine and there's no such problems, guess it's back to the intellimouse (with broken side button) for the time-being just to complete Psychonauts. If I'm being brutally honest though, I've yet to be won over by the Copperhead, and currently don't think it has a patch on the majestic simplicity of the Microsoft Intellimouse Optical. 2000dpi doesn't make up for an ergonomically poor device, the right side buttons in particular, at the moment I'm practically having to lift my hand off the mouse to press them in. All I wanted was a comfortanle modern mouse with side buttons on both sides, and yet here I am starting to think I should have just bought myself a new Intellimouse for £11 after 5 years of loyal service...

Thread Information