Thread: Which case?

Thanks

Which case?

Hi all,

I'm building a new A64 gaming rig for myself and am looking at buying a new case for it to go in. I've mainly been looking at the following cases: Akasa Eclipse 62, Antec P180 and the Silverstone Temjin J05S-T. I'm finding it hard trying to decide which case to go for, so am looking for some guidance from those who have used them before.

Akase Eclipse 62

The Akasa looks as though its really nice and roomy inside to work with and the insides look very well designed, but the outside design lets it down in my opinion. Also, the case only comes in a black finish and ideally I was looking at getting a silver finish. You can also get a window side-panel for this case as well, which is a bonus.

Antec P180

The Antec also looks very well designed on the inside and gets very good reviews in terms of its thermal design. The outside of the case looks better than that of the Akasa's I think, but it looks a bit too plain for my liking.

Silverstone Temjin J05S-T

This case has got a pretty good inside by the look of things and you can also get a window side-panel for it as well. The exterior of this case looks the best of the three I think as its got a nice curved door and looks like a more expensive case.

What are peoples views on the above cases and can anyone recommend any other decent cases with a budget of up to £100 roughly.

Thanks
    abtec p180 does look pretty sleek, but there is a new wavemaster coming out which could be worth waiting for... quite hard to find some details on it though
    Rig: Amd 64 3700+ San Diego | Abit AT8 | 4x512 Corsair XMS3200C2PRO | PowerColour X850XTPE / Arctic Cooled | Samsung Spinpoint 250Gig | Enermax NoiseTake 485w | Arctic Freezer 64 Pro | Coolermaster Wavemaster Silver | Dell 2405FPW | Logitech G5 / Everglide Destrukt Monstermat |

Thanks
    • amjedm's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus A8N-Sli Premium
      • CPU:
      • Athlon X2 4200 S939 + Scythe Ninja rev A
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Corsair DDR PC3200
      • Storage:
      • Samsung T 160GB Sata in Scythe Quiet Box
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 6600 256MB + Cooling Mod
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Noisetaker 485 (fanless) - lower chamber P180 fan doing the PSU cooling
      • Case:
      • P180 (modded - easier cable routing, front and rear grills cut)
      • Operating System:
      • XP Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 22" WTQ?
      • Internet:
      • O2 8MB (Standard)
    I have the P180 and the Eclipse.

If you want to fiddle with the internal components alot then go for the Eclipse. As you've stated it is very roomy. I've cut the fan grills and done some other mods and it is very quiet now.

Thread Information