Thread: Silverstone SG-01

Thanks

Silverstone SG-01

Hi All

Well, thanks to Chris and David from Scan my new Stuff should be here today, they didnt have the Case instock but the Mobo, CPU and HDD should all be here. Looking forward to getting it built, been reading everything possible i can find on it

Does anyone have one themselves? Any tips/tricks for installing?

Ive also read that they can run hot, im going to be running a Pentium D 805 2.66 in there, and i have no idea how hot these run. If anyone has some advicde on the best cooling setup inside (fans and stuff) please do offer it

Scott

Thanks
    P4 Prescott dual? Oh no... bad choice IMO, with the new Intels around the corner and AMD being so much better for heat/performance with this gen, especially with games.

What case are you getting?? The stock cooler should be fairly beefy, I think they use one with heatpipes. Personally I would look for a H2O kit if you're comfortable, but otherwise something like the Thermaltake Typhoon is a good cooler, or the Thermalright XP-120 or the Tuniq Tower-120.
    On the case, I would try and get something with 120mm fans intake and out. Most good cases do these days, but stay away from the dual-80mm fans front and back - too noisy.

Also filters on intake is something else to look for, you don't want lots of dust in your case. Thermaltake make some nice cases, or Lian Li, Coolermaster, Gigabyte.

Thanks
    Hi

I got the Silverstone SG-01 case, really nice case. Ive put it all together now, and while it was fiddly it was no more difficult than putting together a normal case. Its smaller, but not that bad

I did skin my thumb and started bleeding a fair bit, all sorted now tho!

Ive not installed an OS yet, im waiting for a better PSU (tested with a Q-Tec, i dont wanna risk it!l lol) but in BIOS its idling at 35c which isnt too bad, i guess maybe another 10 to 15c when the cover is on, and windows is loaded so anything round 50 would be OK for me.

Cooled with a Thermaltake Golden ORB II, works perfectly, a tight fit but it fits all the same.

Thread Information