• Enermax NoisetakerII 485W
      • Case:
      • AKASA ZEN Black 2x12cm fans
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Ulti
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ G2222HDL 21.5 inch
      • Internet:
      • Virginmedia 50MB (or so they told me...)

Exclamation The old lady buying a pc

well just joined the hexus community so i decided to say hello, but sadly i bring a sad story

Recently my 1300 SQUID!!! laptop burn in front of my sad eyes, yes squid u got it well although not funny it is my honest pain that allows me to say such a stupid thing. so just 2 weeks after the warranty expire the motherboard left for a better place and so u may know nothing much to do R.I.P. Let the laptop rest in peace.

So it was time to join once again the hordes of undead looking for a good bargain. Sadly my days of excessive COD left my brain dry like a plum well a dry plum, so I found my self like the old lady from down the street trying to buy a photo of the queen mother sadly nobody told her the queen mother had die. So here I am claiming for your mercy and asking u to bring some light to my long forgotten knowledge of PCBs and chips.

I am able to use few parts of my previous burn laptop in a desktop such as the memory nicely they used a full slot 512 DDR333, also I can use the 80gb 2.5 hard drive already have the HDD cable converter so I can use it as an internal drive, also I have a external hard-drive to help and an external LG dual layer recorder that eats anything that I give (the pride of my home).

What do I have to do with this u may ask? Well nothing I may say but I am sure a real pc fanatic should have pleasure just to smell this. My real question comes now!!?!?! Well I was also able to save a P4 3.06Ghz Hyper-T processor what is kind of nice for any game in the market right now as most of the duty goes to graphics card. The real issue of using this processor is the socket 478, the socket is disappearing from the market so is it wise to build a system based on this chip? I have found a nice asus board with pci-e, sata ,dual channel memory support and no onboard video crap for only 30+ £ if I use this chip i would save me some £ but is it wise?

sorry for the english people hum... and for the size of the thing.

Thanks
    Some of what you are saying is quite confusing! Heh! But if you do have a 3.0ghz socket 478 processor then the Asus board that you have sourced will do nicely. I have that model, and for the price it is a fantastic ! Reccomended, erm, maybe someone else can help you better as I am a bit confused! :S
    Anyway, hope that helps!

Thanks
    You cant use your laptop ram in a Pc as that is SO-Dimm an PC's dont take that size, an ive not heard of a full slot laptop could you tell us what laptop it was that you had? As that would help alot.

Have you considered AMD? this is on the basis that you dont have a pentium processor, otherwise if you do then the motherboard you considered is good for the price. You can use the Hard drive via an adapter but its not as fast as a full size 3.5" hard drive. Also remember you will need a graphics card.
    Vorsprung Durch Technik

Lurking since 06
    Thanks
    • Mama Sumae's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B - deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Core2 duo 6300 O'c @ 3.1 Mhz / Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 2GB XMS2 6400 C4 @ 890Mhz
      • Storage:
      • WD 320 GB /sata
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti oc - 1GB GDDR5
      • PSU:
      • Enermax NoisetakerII 485W
      • Case:
      • AKASA ZEN Black 2x12cm fans
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Ulti
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ G2222HDL 21.5 inch
      • Internet:
      • Virginmedia 50MB (or so they told me...)
    sorry again for my English well i know its surprising Tino but the AMILOD 8830 did use a full slot memory and not SO-dimm it was a nice machine but i think i overused it COD and Torrent ...

well the entire issue was basically that the laptop also had a normal P4 3.06Ghz socket 478 processor and not the normal M version found in most laptops.
    So i was asking if it would be wise to build a system using this chip i could save some bucks but it is a dying socket.

Thanks
    For £30 yes it's wise it will do you well for some time yet!

Thread Information