Thread: 7800GS and x1600Pro AGP compatibility

Thanks

Question 7800GS and x1600Pro AGP compatibility

First, i want to apologize if this has already been asked and answered (i searched the forums and didn't find anything directly related).

I want to know if it's been determined whether the new nVidia 7800 GS or ATI x1600Pro AGP cards will work with Shuttle XPCs.

I have an SB75S, which is the same motherboard as a SB75G2, but with a slightly different case (pearl white).

I've currently got an ATI 9800Pro card installed.

I wanted to put off buying a whole new computer for at least another year so that I could see who was winning the multicore CPU wars.

It looks like either card could be a great interim upgrade, if one will work.

Does anybody know conclusively?

Also, if they both work, is there any compelling reason why I should opt for one over the other (like some feature that DX10 needs but isn't support by one of the cards)?

Thank you for any info you can provide. I've emailed BFG to ask if they know. I'll post here if I hear back from them.
    Last edited by schmosef; 23-04-2006 at 10:27 AM.

Thanks
    I'm also interested in a new video card. I have XPC model SK83G and I'm running a Nvidia 6600 GT on it now. I'm concerned about not having enough power to run a higher video card like the 7800 GS. My XPC has the silentX 220 in it. I also have 2 hard drives installed as well as a optical.

Anyone got ideas???

thanks

Thanks
    7800 BFG GS running fine in my SB75Gv2

Thanks
    Power requirements for these video cards all usual recomend like over 400 watts and my liitle shuttle says its a 220. What kind of power supply does yours have and do you have any instablities or anything?

Thanks
    no probs whatsoever, can overclock card and cpu and still run my HD movies and the rare game, play more on 360 these days

std 220w PSU, Shuttle PSU's tend to handle more that there output rating suggests

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chanceNit
    Power requirements for these video cards all usual recomend like over 400 watts and my liitle shuttle says its a 220. What kind of power supply does yours have and do you have any instablities or anything?
    This is a PSU calculator which maybe help...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen B
    no probs whatsoever, can overclock card and cpu and still run my HD movies and the rare game, play more on 360 these days

std 220w PSU, Shuttle PSU's tend to handle more that there output rating suggests
    Thanks for the good news.

Which card do you have specifically?

How many hard drives do you have?

Thread Information