Quote Originally Posted by scrandman
Actually, it's more than just wireless...

Integrated Wireless LAN Capability
Outstanding Mobile Performance
Enables Great Battery Life
A Variety of Laptop Designs

Straight from the Intel website. Officially there are no Celeron Centrino PCs, only Pentiums. This is what I was trying to highlight.

I agree it's marketing blurb, but then again so are a lot of the reasons why people buy one PC or component over another.

Other marketing successes with no real benefit include: Dual channel RAM, ATA 133 hard drives, SATA II 300 (indeed SATA I 150 as well), etc, etc.

Anyway, this is getting a bit off topic.
I was just pointing out that "Centrino" is mainly marketing, and a wireless card is not tied to a "Centrino" platform - the way of the post sounded a bit like you needed Centrino for wireless ability

Intel are good at marketing though, ill give them that. Lets just look at these points for a second.

Integrated Wireless LAN Capability - Pretty much every laptop within the last few years will have it built in. Even if it doesnt, you can get a USB pen one for about 15 quid.

Outstanding Mobile Performance - What the hell does that mean ? . Is it talking about CPU power, GPU power, battery life, screen size, RAM amount ect...

Enables Great Battery Life - "Great" ? Unless its a figure, i dont want to hear it.

A Variety of Laptop Designs - Im sure that will help me with my computing based needs.