Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Share 2+ Computers on same PSU

Thanks

Share 2+ Computers on same PSU

I want to buy a few Commell LV-670's and share them on a big PSU, W550+ or an industrial size PSU. I wanted to know is there any place that sells a splitter, that I can connect about 5 of these together?
    Shuttle SB61G2 - P4 3.2ghz - GeForce FX 5950 - 512mb Corsair XMS Pc3700 - WD Raptor 36.7GB 10KRPM SATA - WD Raptor 74GB 10KRPM SATA - DVD/CDRW Combo Drive - External DVD-RW Drive - Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 GMX - Stealthed DVD

Thanks
    Sharing a PSU with multiple rigs is not something I'd recommend...
    Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly. - Batman costume warning label (Rolfe, John & Troob, Peter, Monkey Business (Swinging Through the Wall Street Jungle), 2000)

Thanks
    The PSU wouldnt be designed in mind to take that much current from it, you'd be seriously risking your PSU, and PC's it was attached to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Paranoid??? Who Me???
    Thanks
    there were a few guys on the overclockers.com site running huuuge seti rigs, and sharing psu's...but they were just running 2 bare bones setups per psu... i.e mobo, proccy, mem, hsf and network card... they were running network boot up, so no need for hdd or cd rom... and as they were running caseless there was no problem with extra case fans or such...
    they seemed to run these ok... but i wouldnt like to put my faith in any of the psu's on the market at the mo in running more than one complete pc..

just my £0.02 work.

Thanks
    Aye Kaillum, you know my plan. I'm trying to setup a clusterpc in a 4U Chassis. That way I can setup about 8 of these commel's with a 2.4ghz P4 chip in each, 512mb ram each if not 1GB, and yes like you said network boot a hard drive. My buisness partner just drew up some plans a few days ago but the PSU was the problem I'd go with a more industrial PSU but I dont want to spend more than $400 USD for it.
    Shuttle SB61G2 - P4 3.2ghz - GeForce FX 5950 - 512mb Corsair XMS Pc3700 - WD Raptor 36.7GB 10KRPM SATA - WD Raptor 74GB 10KRPM SATA - DVD/CDRW Combo Drive - External DVD-RW Drive - Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 GMX - Stealthed DVD

You are feeling sleepy... acidrainy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Originally posted by royce
    I'd go with a more industrial PSU but I dont want to spend more than $400 USD for it.
    Damn.... sounds like you have got some money to spend!

What you planing to use this rig for ?

Thanks
    Game Server Hosting for my buisness.

Paranoid??? Who Me???
    Thanks
    Aye Kaillum, you know my plan.
    i've dug out a link to the overclockers.com forums how to here.. it only shows how to connect 1 psu to 2 mobos, but its a starts...
    hth..

Thanks
    Wouldnt it be cheaper easier and simpler just to get a few psu's?? say 250-300w ones

Thanks
    Originally posted by xlr8
    Wouldnt it be cheaper easier and simpler just to get a few psu's?? say 250-300w ones
    Gah, where's your sense of adventure man?

This way will be cheaper in both setup and running costs... not entirly sure if thats the sole reason for doing this though....

Thanks
    The whole reason in doing it is to fit all of this in a 4U, have it colocated at a datacenter. I think its alot cheaper than buying a ClusterPC already built around 4k with only 3pcs inside.

Thanks
    The whole reason in doing it is to fit all of this in a 4U, have it colocated at a datacenter. I think its alot cheaper than buying a ClusterPC already built around 4k with only 3pcs inside.
    Ahhh, cool
    So is it 5 PC's you cramming into the 4U box?
    Thats gonna be one hell of a server

Thanks
    Yup Yup. My friend is getting some CAD designs written up. I might start this project in 2 months or so, I just need a lot of research.

Ive got 10/40w for blood... THCi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Game Server Hosting for my buisness.

If you are going to be garanting 99% uptime, or something similar. I would use ONE PSU per Mobo. Simple as, or your uptime figures arnt gonna last very long!

Thanks
    This is far to complicated for simpletons like me...gl with it tho

Thanks
    Hmmm...theres no way I could fit 5 1U PSU's in the thing..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information