Thread: best alternative to Nero for DVD

Formerly known as Viet Cong Zombi and tuone
    Thanks

best alternative to Nero for DVD

what is teh best DVD burn alternative to Nero?

nero is killing alot of my dvd's at the moment, due to invalid block messages. nero does this sort of thing sometimes, and i cant afford to test changing the pio and the dma and the aspi and the ide drivers etc etc because i may still coast alot of dvd and that would make me bonkers.

please help me

Thanks
    pio/dma/aspi/ide drivers will all affect burning with errors regardless of software. I recommend you update the ASPI layer, try changing to DMA and update you IDE drivers and then test using a DVDRW, cheapest way as at worst you will only need to buy a single DVDRW.

Thanks
    i think that the invalid block messages started arriving when i updated the nforce drivers to version 3.13. i dont know for certain though because i'd only done half a dozen datawrites before.
    i know that nero uses it's own aspi layer, and that rolling back the drivers is a bit of a mission because of just nero.
    good one for the dvdrw i'll see what there is.

Ravens Nest
    Did you say yes when the nforce drivers asked if you want the SW IDE driver installed? if so then thats you're problem probably..

The Nforce drivers are very buggy and still havent been fixed really they work for some people and for others they dont work.

Re-install the Nforce 3.13 driver's over themselves and say 'no' when prompted to install the SW drivers and then it should probably fix your coaster problems.

Thanks
    okay, i think you are right there... dont i have to just reinstall an older ide driver to replace the sw ide one?

thx!

Ravens Nest
    You can do that, but just re-installing the 3.13 drivers and saying no when prompted will install the MS driver anyway.

Banned
    Thanks
    Nero is known to be unfriendly with DVDs but the latest version should have addressed that. InstantDVD, PrimoDVD (RecordNow Max) are good alternatives to burn a DVD.

Thanks
    thanks austin!! isn't it surprising that even if you know exactly how the aspi layer coordinates memory access and have read the red book of the CD-ROM it can still take ages to get all the programs that can do it all stably.

ez
    Last edited by prehensile; 18-11-2003 at 07:18 AM.

Thread Information