Thread: SFF Spec

Slippery when wet
    Thanks

SFF Spec

I have scrapped the idea of getting a whole new PC for christmas now and ive decided to get myself a SFF, i have been very tempted by the AOpen XC Cube's, and i dont know much about Shuttles. At the moment in my PC i have:

Athlon XP 2600 (333mhz)
    1GB 2700 DDR Ram
    80 GB Seagate Barracuda
    GeForce4 Ti4600
    SoundBlaster 5.1 Live

I wold like to use the processor, ram, hard drive and sound card from my existing PC, the troble is i have no idea what to get case wise, the specs for the AOpen XC Cube is here. If anyone could reccomend a graphics card to put in one of those cases id be most greatfull, also if someone wants to try and convert me to getting a Shuttle instead, then post the specs below

Also, i dont know if the AOpen comes with a heatsink, if anyone has used one off those cases then could you please tell me what is the best cooler to put inside them, thanks guys!

Meminur

Thanks
    I would personal go with shuttle... but iam bias because i have a shuttle. The SN45G is a awesome computer thats the one i would recommend. its already has awesome on board sound and if you put all of your existing parts into it you would have a kick ass computer. Hexus has a review of the SN45G and many other shuttles you should check them out

Slippery when wet
    Thanks
    Ok i have settled on a SN45G, but i now need to know which Graphics card to put in it, i have a choice of all of these which one is the best to fit into a SN45G?, Ohh, and will my sound card go into a shuttle too? Or is the onboard sound better than a Soundblaster 5.1 Live?

Meminur
    Last edited by Craig; 18-11-2003 at 07:59 PM.

Slippery when wet
    Thanks
    Ohh and on a side note, anyone know of a Combo cd-rom drive that has a silver bezel? or anywhere i can get a silver bezel, same goes for a floppy drive

Meminur

Thanks
    depends on your budget sony makes a dvd-rw/dvd+rw that has a silver ish front its bad ass. i have a 9600 PRO All in Wonder in my shuttle. I read some reviews that it wouldnt fit but it does it just takes some patience. the sound on the shuttle is really good i would stick with the onboard sound and try that out first there is no need to put extra crap inside your new pc just for the hell of it. about your video card i would stay away from nvidia cards like the 5600 and up am almost 100% sure they wouldnt even fit.

Slippery when wet
    Thanks
    Cheers doc, Im not going to go for the 9800 as they are way over my budget for crimbo So im just needing a little info as to if a 9700 Pro or a 9700 will fit in a SN45G, also if anyone has a link to a CD/RW/DVD Combo drive with silver front that would be great Cheers once again guys!

Meminur

Thread Information