Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DABs problem

Thanks

DABs problem

I all just wondering if anyone has a contact number for dabs ordered a monitor of them on 16th and should have arrived next day but didn't called up parcelforce to track it
    but they said we have no info on it and haven't even collected it yet but dabs e-mail was saying they have shipped it e-mailed them twice yesterday no response which is very annoying so would love to give them a call and have a gentle chat with them

atif
    Last edited by atifds9; 20-11-2003 at 12:32 PM.

Banned
    Thanks
    AFAIK They only deal with enquiries through e-mails unless u have a business account.

Thanks
    Yeah thanks for that mate i just found out now of their website, i wish they actually had someone reading there e-mail then if thats the only way they deal because for a company of dabs size waiting three days with out a response is just terrible, it's a shame used them a lot and never had any problems first time i do and the customer service is nowhere to be seen which really dents my confidence in them
    i5 | Antec Sonata 3 | 4 GB | OCZ Vertex | Spinpoint F3 | Windows 7

Banned
    Thanks
    I've used Dabs more than any other supplier over the years and the very few problems I had were quickly dealt with. However it does seem they have slipped just a little over the last 12 months or so ... wouldn't be so bad if their prices reduced to reflect this. Maybe they did but sponsoring a Premiership football team has inflated them back to normal levels. Ah well plenty of options out there (and they are still well above OCuk, MD & Ebuyer IMHO).

Thanks
    which stores would you recommend austin as i'm looking to build a new system in a short while and would like to order my parts online but my faith in dabs has been damaged and would like to go elsewhere.

Atif

Will work for beer... nichomach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • nichomach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95W
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DR3
      • Storage:
      • 1x250GB Maxtor SATAII, 1x 400GB Hitachi SATAII
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 1060 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 20" TFT
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media Cable
    Parcelforce are likely to be the culprits; had a similar issue with an order for work (have to say, problems have been VERY rare over the years I've dealt with Dabs) - they simply didn't collect the order, so Dabs showed it as shipped but it was actually sitting on a palette at the warehouse. Keep chasing them via email or try 0870 429 3000. Can't guarantee help, but that's their main number.

Thanks
    Thanks for that mate, i've also had no problems with dabs used them for almost three years hence me being quite suprised at there lack of customer service not even a response to say we've got your e-mail(s) looking in to it.

Atif

Thanks
    Just a quick update got of the phone to parcelforce and they can confirm it definetly has not been collected should have been collected on the 17th but wasn't for some reason they don't know why and advised me to get on to dabs about it. Tried the number given but just got a recorded message saying use dabs.com/help and then it hung up on me, nice!!!

Guess i'll wait till tommorow and see if i get a response from them if not call the old credit card company.

Banned
    Thanks
    My personal favourites are www.komplett.co.uk www.cpucity.co.uk and (dare I say it) www.dabs.com although with some prices slightly above competitors and less customer service than in the past I would certainly give the other two priority. Other shops I would happily buy from are

http://www.accomputerwarehouse.com/p...ished+Monitors (esp refurb monitors)

www.savastore.com (Watford Electronics)

www.maplin.co.uk (not really for PC stuff)

www.aria.co.uk (heavier P&P)

www.cclcomputers.biz/acatalog/ (heavier P&P)

www.scan.co.uk (heavier P&P but CWT PSU great value)

www.crucial.com/uk (I slightly prefer TwinMOS from CPUcity or Komplett)

www.simply.co.uk (prices tend to be a little higher than most)

http://uk.insight.com (used to be very good but now pricey with heavy P&P)

www.tekheads.co.uk (heavier P&P and not always clear about it in cart)

Thanks
    Update

Hi all just wanted to let you know what’s happening after 4 days of waiting finally got an e-mail from Dabs customer service basically saying they can definitely confirm the parcel went out contact parcel force and ask them to trace it if I get no response from them in 48hours contact them back and they will investigate further. So called parcel force where a very nice woman took my details and dabs details of me and said she would do a lost parcel search on it and be back in touch. After an hour and a half she called back saying she had investigated it further there was no lost parcel because it had definitely not been picked up which is what there website was showing all along and what I have been telling dabs so I have again got in touch with dabs and given them the news and the reference number of my inquiry with the women at parcel force I guess now it's just a case of wait an see. It seems dabs didn't even bother investigating with my first e-mail just sent out a response saying contact parcel force and if no joy then contact us again which is a shame a bit of initiative on there part would have been appreciated.

Atif

Thanks
    Hi Austin, that's quite a wide list you have there. I've been using mail order and web sellers for over 10 years (like DABS and Simply). In terms of service particularly, have you ever used Kustom PCs? (www.kustompcs.co.uk)

What prompted this post is that I've seen quite a few lists of retailers posted by members on the forums and seldom see reference to Kustom. On Romulus2 (even Hexus Retailers review) the one thing that comes across them time and time again, is before and after sales service.

Clearly, when things go wrong with most companies, this is when the pain hits for customers. I once had to return a keyboard and mouse set to DABS because it developed a fault and the web site says up front "allow six weeks for repair". Sure enough, it took six weeks. In the interim I had to buy a cheap keyboard and mouse or do without a computer. Even though the expense was small, their "service" regime cost me money.

You just don't get this hassle with Kustom PCs and I really think that people who are fed up with intermittent service should give Kustom a try. Although I still buy a bit from people like DABS if I'm buying components whose demise could cause me inconvenience I tend to buy it from Kustom because they will handle its demise much more quickly and without grief. Sometimes it might cost me £10 more but its well worth the piece of mind.

Banned
    Thanks
    SubeDude2k on another forum has used them a lot and they are also rated very highly on Hexus' suppliers rating list. I'd certainly buy from them but simply haven't so far.

http://users.hexus.net/companies_lis...VlPXJhdGluZw==

Thanks
    Final Update

Well after three more days of waiting for a response from dabs with regards to my second e-mail (see above) i this morning received the response "we are unable to track this parcel do you require a refund or replacement" which is quite possibly the rudest e-mail from a company i have received they didn't even bother to say hello or apologise for the trouble i've had needless to say i was fuming and requested a refund and have ordered the same monitor from savastore.com for 5 pounds cheeper. Hope all goes well this time

Atif

Banned
    Thanks
    Originally posted by atifds9
    Final Update

Well after three more days of waiting for a response from dabs with regards to my second e-mail (see above) i this morning received the response "we are unable to track this parcel do you require a refund or replacement" which is quite possibly the rudest e-mail from a company i have received they didn't even bother to say hello or apologise for the trouble i've had needless to say i was fuming and requested a refund and have ordered the same monitor from savastore.com for 5 pounds cheeper. Hope all goes well this time

Atif
    If I was you I would never deal with Dabs again. Hopefully Watford Savastore will be nice to you.

Thanks
    • spazman's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte DS3
      • CPU:
      • Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.2Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Corsair PC6400
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 320gb RAID 0 , 250gb IDE , 160gb IDE, 400bg USB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 7900GX2
      • PSU:
      • 750watt Enermax
      • Case:
      • Akasa Eclipse
      • Monitor(s):
      • 19" LCD 19" CRT
      • Internet:
      • Be Unlimited
    Parcel force have lost severl things of mine in the post, (once it cost me £200 because i forgot to insure it ) they are generally useless and very often rude too. Why is it that because onlin retailers cant see you they think that they can treat you whatever way they like.
    Last edited by spazman; 24-11-2003 at 05:25 PM.
    NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, GBA, DS, PSone, PS2, PSP, PS3 60gb, XBOX, XBOX 360, Master System, Game Gear, Mega Drive, Saturn, Dreamcast, PC Engine, Neo Geo CD

Nox
    Vorsprung durch Technik
    Thanks
    • Nox's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Yes
      • CPU:
      • Yes
      • Memory:
      • Yes
      • Storage:
      • Yes
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Yes
      • PSU:
      • Yes
      • Case:
      • Yes
      • Monitor(s):
      • Yes
      • Internet:
      • Yes
    Kustompc's get a thumbs up from me too very fast, & sensible p&p they even have a forum which i think every online retailer should do, then people can see problems, and whether they are efficient in sorting them out. oh, novatech too, but they are only 5 min drive away

Nox

Thread Information