Thread: SNP26 - Why I'm Crashing

Thanks

SN26P - Why I'm Crashing

Hey freaks,

Last month I bought a new dream machine the SN26P equipped with a AMD Athlon FX-60 HT 1000, 2 Gigs of Corsair TwinX, 300 Gig Maxtor HD, 2x ASUS EN7900GT's in SLI mode from ASUS, 300 Gig Samsung extern, NEC DVD COMBO, 19'' DVI ACER

A friend of mine set the machine up without problems and sent it to me (Thailand). After two weeks my Windows crashed and I received fatal error messages in Windows (XP Service Pack2), mentioning that the Event Log File data(s) were lost. After consulting your website I found a topic written by ALDORIA, published on 04/29/2006 listing a excellent guide how to setup this system in a stable environment which I followed carefully and accordingly.

Unfortunately, I still get blue screens (yesterday) mentioning a fatal error. What could be the problem? I am afraid to re-install and format the whole HD a third time.
    Power Supply (350Watt)?
    Nvidia AMD chipset driver 6.70 (De-installed STOREAGE driver after crash - but still crashing).
    I am located in Thailand, might it be a insufficient power supply from the plug? Further, I use a UPS/ UPC as well, but only for the gameing rig and not for the other devices.

Sometimes the system does not even start-up - a common Shuttle illness??? Never had a Shuttle before.

All driveres and BIOS are up to date and for the network drivers I use the AMD/Intel16x network driver as recommended. I am not using Internet at all.
    As mentioned bevore no Nvidia 6.70 driver is installed currently, is it even necessary as the NAM, Audio & IDE Drivers are not installed with this driver version?

My friend mentioned to take out one graphic card first, to install the Nvidia Graphic driver (84.21) and then to re-install the second card otherwise the SLI will not be set properly, true?

....HELP.....anyone....Aldoria.....please..... :down:

Greetz from the island, Stephan
    Last edited by --MaInFrAmE--; 29-06-2006 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Wrong Model No.

Thanks

Still Crashing

I am still crashing - HELP - its quite anoying. I tried different installation of older NVIDIA reference drivers like the AMD/Intel 16x, the 6.66 and the BETA driver for the 500 serie, but without luck.

Might there be a problem with the HD. I am not using raid, its a simple MAXTOR 300 GIG on IDE. Or might there a problem with the MainBoard?

HELP Anyone????????

Greetz

Thanks
    what message(s) do you get on the bluescreens? if it's auto-rebooting you need to set it to show you the bluescreen and error msg

Does it work with just the one 7900gt?
    Could help decide whether it's a power issue (if your mains voltage is particularly low or dipping, or spiking badly and if your UPS isn't a good one there's a chance it could be poor mains but it's more likely that the psu in the machine can't cope I would have thought)

What sort of temperatures are you seeing?
    Have you tried running it with it's case off and maybe with a desk-fan pointed at it to rule out overheating issues?

Thanks
    thanks for your message, i get different messages, reaching from disk write errors, new installed hardware incompatibility, missing event log file and other files (in windows) over to unmountable disk....

If i restart, a normal reboot procedure apears on screen.

no not so far, but its already the fourth comment regarding overheating I assume it might be aproblem with the PSU. they recommend a 500Watt beast.
    I will try to set it up tonight with only one card and the newset drivers i got, but on SFFtech.com it was really to the point that the driver software for the IDE was causing event log file data loss which happend in my case.
    Will let you know after the mod. cheers and keep it real.Stephan

Thread Information