• Internet:
      • Sky Fibre pro

Fujitsu Laptop Advice

I have been looking at this laptop

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx...34,44510000,23

Versus

This one:

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx...34,44510000,23

I may do some BF2, WoW hL2 on it , But it is not absolutley essential, I want it to be Vista compatible, and I want it to be a good Movie machine, can anyone give feedback on either the Processors or GPU's adv/disadv plz

The main diff is obviously the 200quid!!! but with the same lovely 17" Widescreen.

Thanks
    Either should run vista, I saw someone saying they had it running on an old 1.4ghz pentim m integrated graphics machine, just depends how fast. Either could handle the aeroglass, the dual core is the obvious advantage of the second as far as vista is concened. From benchmarks i have seen Pent-Ms and turins are about clock for clock but the turions better at video editing type stuff and Pent-Ms better at gaming and that sort of thing.
    GPU is miles ahead in the second, but you would be wise to look for benchmarks to see whether it can manage the games you want to play at native resolution. the cheap laptop will have no chance.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Hey if your looking at the Xi 1546 then try this link

http://s84957758.oneandoneshop.co.uk...iew.shopscript

that is a better Xi1546 than one your looking at for £899.99 inc vat

btw would go for the Xi rather than the other one as with laptops they are outdated so rapidly and the performance difference for £200 is alot you go from single core to dual core and the graphics power leap is huge
    =================
    -= Phoney =-
    =================

Syd
    Thanks
    • Syd's system
      • Motherboard:
      • EVGA 760 Classified / X570S Tomahawk / gigabyte gaming 7 1150
      • CPU:
      • I7 920@3.8 / 5800X / 4790k
      • Memory:
      • 18GB Dominator DDR3 1600 / 32GB Crucial 3600 / 16GB GSill
      • Storage:
      • 980pro Nvme / Sam840's/ Sam SM951
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 690GTX on Water/ 1080ti
      • PSU:
      • AX860/1250w Seasonic
      • Case:
      • TJ07 / PCV700
      • Operating System:
      • 10 64/ 10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC 30” 3090 + ASUS 27 144HZ 1440p IPS
      • Internet:
      • Sky Fibre pro
    Thanks Phoney,

Do you have any experience with the bulid quaility/relibility of the main brands out there, as a freind tells me that Asus are genrally better build than the Fujitsu, and to generally regard Acer as budget, any comments or any other suggestions.

Thanks in Advance

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU
    Vista's biggest requirement is likely to be memory - the more the better really..
    Obviously aero will be much nicer on the second but both should run it.
    Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI), 3900x, 32GB DDR4, Many SSDs, EVGA FTW3 3090, Ethoo 719

HEXUS.social member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phoney_tech
    Hey if your looking at the Xi 1546 then try this link

http://s84957758.oneandoneshop.co.uk...iew.shopscript

that is a better Xi1546 than one your looking at for £899.99 inc vat

btw would go for the Xi rather than the other one as with laptops they are outdated so rapidly and the performance difference for £200 is alot you go from single core to dual core and the graphics power leap is huge
    Wow, they've dropped the price by £100! Seriously thinking of getting it now, but want 2Gb and I don't want to spend the £250 they're offering. For that price you can get 2x1Gb sticks and still have the original 1Gb to sell on. However, I don't want to invalidate the warranty and do it myself...just in case.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd
    Thanks Phoney,

Do you have any experience with the bulid quaility/relibility of the main brands out there, as a freind tells me that Asus are genrally better build than the Fujitsu, and to generally regard Acer as budget, any comments or any other suggestions.

Thanks in Advance
    Have experience of Acer and aslong as you get a high end model the build quality is better but yes mainly budget apart from the carbon fibre beauties those are amazing!

Asus built well though I have had problems with heat and low clock settings but are known to be a good quality.

Fujitsu i have a mate with one and he has always raved about it but to be honest build seems good and that is all i could comment on.

Dell good build quality if a little noisy on fans sometimes, only problem with dell is the price and its a dell whos customer support is a complete joke I never want to have to deal with dell ever again in my life.

Alienware are good few mates with those expensive as you pay for the name the superior tech support etc but damn nice laptops.

Toshiba cheap brand build iffy

Sony way too expensive though some great machines

<Legal>thats about the limit of my experience all of these are only my opinions your experience and other peoples may vary so dont take this as anything other than my opinion. </Legal>

Btw the Amilio Xi 1546 is the same laptop as the alienware m5750 the only difference is the alienware chasis is decked out differently.

as far as i know if you change the memory you dont void the warranty apart from on the memory itself read that somewhere when someone else was talking about it on a different forum.

Orca logic or corsair or crucial do memory sodimm 200pin for anywhere between about 100-160 pounds if you were looking to buy 2*1Gb sticks to upgrade the memory yourself. Plus sell the other 2*512Mb sticks you just take and and recoup some of that money!
    =================
    -= Phoney =-
    =================

HEXUS.social member
    Thanks
    Just phoned up and apparently upgrading the memory myself wouldn't invalidate the warranty (unless he thought I meant their upgade option, don't think he did though...) and have found a 2Gb kit from crucial for £150, so that's a fair saving over their upgrade option. However, I'm not sure which of the 2 models I would want.
    Would getting the T2500 have any major advantage over the T2400 for gaming?
    Also, would going for the 2 hard drive version affect battery life/heat considerably? Not that I am really looking for battery life as a major point, but would still wouldn't mind a little bit of portability every now and then

Registered+
    Thanks
    The faster processor with the hard drives in raid would provide the better machine for gaming though would knock a portion of time off the battery life which is rated at 2 hours at best more like an hour n half i would imagine.

will give off more heat due to the components so its all a case of personal preference more speed n power or spend a little less money. major difference is in hard drive space so that might be a factor for you
    =================
    -= Phoney =-
    =================

Thanks
    fujitsu had a problem with the cases cracking on some models a couple of years ago, I dobt its a problem but google the model just to check, also be carefull if you use one of those shop[brandname].com/.co.uk websites on another foum, can't remember which now there were a lot of people who had problems a while back, like paying next day delivery recieving stuff a month later /never and stuggling to get refunds, again goodle or uses hexus trust to just make sure

yes I am allways paranoid about uying duff stuff

Thanks
    Hey Gerrard, did you order that Fujitsu in the end?

It looks top-notch for the price....I'm very tempted, although I googled the company selling it (CETUK Ltd.) and there are a LOT of bad reviews (we're talking 0 out of 10 stars here).

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews-all-85278.html

How was your experience (if you used them)?

HEXUS.social member
    Thanks
    Wow! Should have read up on them first. I did order from them on Saturday, and did get a confirmation email, but I am now considering cancelling it... I'll see how it goes this week. It's slightly worrying about the extended warranty not being registered properly since I also got the extended warranty (hopefully will make it easier to sell couple of years down the line). However, I suppose you could also say that the only people who would post at these places are those with problems, so it might skew the results a bit (I mean, Scan has a rating of 4.4 ). I paid by credit card, so can always stop payment if it all starts to go wrong.

Just out of interest, where did you order from phoney? I am guessing the same place as you wrote the link. If so, any luck yet?

The only alternative places I can find selling it at a similiar price was laptopdirect and morecomputers (seemed to get good reviews when i froogled it...but that probably doesn't mean much).

Thanks
    Yeah, I also found those two sites.

Laptopdirect is, in fact, owned by CETUK Ltd. as well!
    However, I looked them up, and they've had lots of GOOD reviews....so I don't really know what to think now. Perhaps they're owned by CET, but not actually run by them? I don't know.

::EDIT::
    Here's a review (the only one I've managed to find) if anyone is interested: http://www.notebookforums.com/thread161616.html
    Hope nobody minds me linking to other forums?

I've just ordered mine from LaptopsDirect, should get it on Friday.

Can't wait!
    Last edited by da.Guvna; 18-07-2006 at 01:26 PM.

HEXUS.social member
    Thanks
    Well, I got a call this evening confirming my order and details and they said it would be 5 days, so hopefully it'll be here by sometime next week (would like it to be before the weekend though ).

Thanks
    Woo and yay, mine got delivered lunchtime today!

I'll let you know what it's like.

HEXUS.social member
    Thanks
    Same, got mine this afternoon. Just powering it up now. Keep you posted...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information