Thread: Startin to hate computers after this week

Thanks

Startin to hate computers after this week

ok, half (thx scan :@) of my new computer came teusday, so i built what i could, tried to install win xp, and i needed a floppy drive installed for it to detect the sata seagate. so i have to wait till wednesday for the other bits and bobs.

So i was installed winxp on the saturday, and it couldnt read the disc (thax paddy) as it had holes and chips in, so i had to skip loads of files (about 20 :/). finally got it up and workin, and it was ok for, oooh i'd say 6 mins? then it went crap, kept blue screening, and locking up. i tried soft moddding my SE, and that enabaled all 8 lines (yippee) but the blue screening was drivin me mad, so i formatted again... 5 times! now its been formatted and im waiting for my mate to bring his own xp disc. on the bright side, a sexual mod is selling me ahis audigy, and amazon are 60 quid richer but 1 set of senn's 500's less.

ah well, gotta love pc's aint ya

Thanks
    Don't ya just love 'em

Thanks
    Wait til you go to work and spend a week getting two clustered MSSQLServers to talk to each other when they're diffferent versions, on different domains, on different continents.... Now thats frustration with Computers.
    Now go away before I taunt you a second time.

Thanks
    sounds as bad as my teaching old ladies to print emails job :/

Homestarr Mod
    Thanks
    frustration is installing windows after a good few beers then waking up with no idea of the password ;p

Thanks
    LOL @ Scupa, that is the best!!

Thanks
    no, frustration is when you bring your pc round to a mates to play over the lan, but **** up your win2k install by changing drivers. the you also have no floppy drive, so you borrow your mates. then you have no floppy disks to make the 4 boot disks so you go all the way to nearest shop to get some, about an hours walk. then you make the disks on other pc, yay. tehn you install win2k, forget the password. install agian, forget the password half hour later, then install again, have probelms with keyboard, and some other stuff, install agian. that time it finally worked ok though so i was able to install a few games

Thread Information