Thread: Which ram?

Triple Ox
    Thanks

Which ram?

I'm able to swap my 2 sticks of 256meg Twinmoss pc3200 with windbond ch-5 chips for 2 sticks of 256meg adata pc4000.

Not sure if its worth it or not? More future proof? I won't be needing ~202mhz+ fsb at the mo due to my 3.06ghz. With a 4:5 ratio my cpu is running @ 3.7ghz / 202mhz (5-2-2-2) which is pretty much the limit of this chip on air.

Cheers in advance, Ethos

Banned
    Thanks
    As you're probably aware it simply isn't worth it. If you had an 800FSB mobo/CPU and wanted to o/c then the Adata PC4000 would definitely be worth it but for the rest of us PC3200 is all you need and TwinMOS with WinBond should o/c a little and/or run with very fast timings bringing in perf above the Adata which although can run faster (mhz) don't like fast timings. In terms of future-proofing faster than PC3200 isn't really worth it, firstly because even with an 800FSB CPU+mobo PC3200 isn't very limiting and by the time we need more than PC3200 can offer we'll surely be using DDr-II anyway. I'd say hold on to your TwinMOS+WB because it's simply top stuff. If you planned on o/c'ing an 800FSB P4C then the Adata would be better.

Thread Information