Thread: Zorro Cases

Spider pig, spider pig
    Thanks

Zorro Cases

Anyone know anything about the zorro case series? They look like a pretty decent yet cheap version of the Xaser III, and comes with a PSU... any input?

Also, any ideas on what would make for a good MoBo for an athlon XP 2500+, probably to be overclocked, but again, cheap!

Thanks
    cheap could mean spending more later... but anyways i would go with the ABIT NF7-S v2.0, dont get a cheap motherboard though, you might regret it later = ). cant speak on the case though. how much do you plan on spending total? are you upgrading or building a new system? what are you gonna use it for? most cheap case's come with even cheaper psu keep that in mind. dont settle for the cheap stuff if you dont have too. just look at me for example i had to settle on a cheap a@@ MSI FX5200 and not a month later iam pissed off that i got it = /. SPEND WISELY =)

Thanks
    • steve threlfall's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Core i5-3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon HD6870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750
      • Case:
      • Antec P280
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 WFP 24" Widescreen, Rev A04
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 120/12 mb

Re: Zorro Cases

Originally posted by ab1385
    Anyone know anything about the zorro case series? They look like a pretty decent yet cheap version of the Xaser III, and comes with a PSU... any input?

Also, any ideas on what would make for a good MoBo for an athlon XP 2500+, probably to be overclocked, but again, cheap!
    best mobo would be abit nf7-s v2.0

Case and sys mods may be a better place to post your other question. The zorro cases arent great for cooling (like Xaser III) from what i have heard. And as for looks... not good imo

Spider pig, spider pig
    Thanks
    cheers guys! one thing... can these new motherboards with S-ATA still run the old ATA-133 hard disks? This for an upgrade rather than building a completely new computer, so theres some bits and bobs i'd like to keep! is there a good looking case out there with a PSU for around £50-60? The zorro struck me as it came with a 450 watt PSU, which i thought was a good start anyway...

Thanks
    Cheap mobo but good:

MSI K7N2 Delta-L

Of course, this is a US company, but the price is great. I think you can find the mobo between $75-85 (50+ sterling).

G.

Thanks

Thumbs up

i have a zorro case(black) and i have to say it's one of the best buys i've made,it's very quit considering i have seven fans,all up.thats 2- 80mm in the rear,1-80mm in the side panel plus 2 fans in the psu,then there's the cpu and gfx card. i'd say get one,you wont regret it. planetmicro have them for ,£41.95 +vat for the black and £42.95 for the silver, though i have seen a cracking yellow one and blue one,but i think black is more suitable with a name like zorro. reminds me of saturday morning cinema! [URL=http://www.planetmicro.co.uk]

Thanks
    It's the one that I just got. I came from a Globalwin 802 and this a smaller one. At first I thought that everything will be cramped inside (the 802 have lots of space inside) but after assembling all the stuff I'm quite happy about the result. The side panel is cool and the iluminated fan gives a nive view. The front is also nice with the red and blue leds in the logo. I like it a lot, very good and cheap choice if you don't mind to play a bit with cables and so

Thanks
    Forget to say, mine is silver and looks better than black

Thanks
    • wilsonian's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X570 TUF
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen R7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB 3600MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung1TB 970 EVO M.2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon RX570 Nitro+
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 850W Gold
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-B25F
    we have some at work and there ok, personally i'd get something else ?(don't like the look of them) but the build quality is good and u can easily get a NF7 in there with good cooling.

Thanks
    I've got a Zorro case. Personally I think they are pretty decent for what you get (3 case fans/PSU/Firewire etc) and although quite crampt to work with - It's good enough.

Here's some photo's of mine in the flesh

Here's the side panel (The flash from the camera kind of made the cool fan effect inivisble - the fan lights up the whole case) Sorry about the messy wiring.

AMD Athlon XP 2400+ | Connect3D Radeon 9600PRO | Seagate Barrcuda 80GB HDD | 512mb PC2700 Crucial RAM | MSI KT6 Delta FIS2R | Zorro Silver Case | Windows XP/Gentoo Linux

Spider pig, spider pig
    Thanks
    Yeah, i got one in the end. PSU which came with the one i bought is very noisy as they go, and the voltages are a bit dodgy, but that i guess is to be expected from an unbranded PSU! The side of the case is a little hard to get of compared to some other cases, and cooling isnt great.

It is a little cramped in there, but theres loads of space for hard disks/cd/DVD drives etc at the front, and most people i guess dont really need that much extra space! Being cramped does mean that it gets a bit warm though...

However, get a decent PSU with it (which ill do probably in the sales ), and stick a few extra fans in the front (theres space for up to 4 extra 80mm fans, and its a decent case. Ive got the silver one and i think its quite stylish, esp. with extra lighting. I think its a good budget buy.

Thanks
    Yeah, that's like mine. Although I forget to say something important. There is not too much space. I have a Coolermaster HAC-V81 heatsink that has a big clip to attach it to the mobo. That clip goes a little bit inside the grill of my PSU that has two fans (one goes over the cpu). It doesn't touch at all the blades of the fan but it scares when you realize that

Thanks
    Personally, I'd go for a nice case, I am not a fan of these Zorrow cases.

They are just to premodded for my liking.
    "Tell the lie, enforce the lie, become the lie, make others believe the lie and then the lie will become a truth."
    -Adolph Hitler 1938

[01:36] <Tim_CatBurglar> do u live in a field? with ebay access

..:: www.fya-lan.co.uk ::: UKLANS ::: Northern Lan parties! ::: MAKE MONEY READING EMAIL! ::..
    Contact me on:
    QuakeNET #digital-harmony #fya-lan #squashedtoiletroll #madmod #fraggedyourass
    Internet Tel Number: 07905 029 315 Spam me: mr_s_t_roll@hotmail.comEmail Me

Thread Information