Thread: antec p180b

Registered+
    Thanks

antec p180b

hi there,

relatively new to posting on the forum (2 post count now!) but been reading various bits of both the site and the forum for a while now, so thought i'd post a question about my case, instead of another conroe motherboard thread - although i need that too

I got my case new not long ago, im pretty happy with it, it looks good, it runs quiet, temps in my comp are fine, although the parts are all old so its not likely to set on fire any time soon anyway, but i have two problems:

1, the door opens little over 180 degrees rather than the full 270, i've tried giving the top a good bit of force but was worried i was just going to pop the door off completely, so i'm not sure what is going on there

2, i had a joypad plugged in the usb port and stood up for whatever reason right on the usb lead, which lead to the pins in the socket kind of exploding out a bit and buckling, so now the left side one just errors if i try use it, the right one is usable but not very stable, is it possible to replace the usb bits on the front of the case?

reet, think that's long enough post for now

danke

ps apologies if its the wrong place to post - maybe cases dont belong here at all

Thanks
    • amjedm's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus A8N-Sli Premium
      • CPU:
      • Athlon X2 4200 S939 + Scythe Ninja rev A
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Corsair DDR PC3200
      • Storage:
      • Samsung T 160GB Sata in Scythe Quiet Box
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 6600 256MB + Cooling Mod
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Noisetaker 485 (fanless) - lower chamber P180 fan doing the PSU cooling
      • Case:
      • P180 (modded - easier cable routing, front and rear grills cut)
      • Operating System:
      • XP Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 22" WTQ?
      • Internet:
      • O2 8MB (Standard)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nudey
    1, the door opens little over 180 degrees rather than the full 270, i've tried giving the top a good bit of force but was worried i was just going to pop the door off completely, so i'm not sure what is going on there

2, i had a joypad plugged in the usb port and stood up for whatever reason right on the usb lead, which lead to the pins in the socket kind of exploding out a bit and buckling, so now the left side one just errors if i try use it, the right one is usable but not very stable, is it possible to replace the usb bits on the front of the case?
    1. I had the same problem. When I first opened the door it was fine but then on I couldn't open it the full 270. Recently it seems to open 270 and I don't have to apply much pressure so with use it may be ok.

2. Good question - I've had a quick look at the front ports of my P180 and it doesn't seem like the front ports are standard i.e. the USB ports you get on a backplate aren't the same as the front ports so you can't swap them out. Also it looks like both ports are joined (?) so you may not be able to change one port? IMO.

Registered+
    Thanks
    1. The hinge on the Antec P180 case is a double hinge. The door rotates 180 degrees around the little side part of the case (the bit with horizontal venting), but the same little bit also rotates 90 degrees. When both are fully rotated the door will have rotated so that it is next to and parallel to the side of the case (i.e. 270 degrees). Check that the little venting side part is moving as that tends to lock into place.

2. If the ports are bust then probably best to just connect from your motherboard to a spare USB backplate instead of to the case USB ports. I think replacing the ports would be a little difficult.

Registered+
    Thanks
    In reply to my own thread, i managed to email antec about the front usb ports and apparently they are going to send out a replacement as long as i give them my address, result!

the rotating door however, i think that venting part is locked in place, maybe i just need to apply more pressure

Thanks
    • amjedm's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus A8N-Sli Premium
      • CPU:
      • Athlon X2 4200 S939 + Scythe Ninja rev A
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Corsair DDR PC3200
      • Storage:
      • Samsung T 160GB Sata in Scythe Quiet Box
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 6600 256MB + Cooling Mod
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Noisetaker 485 (fanless) - lower chamber P180 fan doing the PSU cooling
      • Case:
      • P180 (modded - easier cable routing, front and rear grills cut)
      • Operating System:
      • XP Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 22" WTQ?
      • Internet:
      • O2 8MB (Standard)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nudey
    In reply to my own thread, i managed to email antec about the front usb ports and apparently they are going to send out a replacement as long as i give them my address, result!

the rotating door however, i think that venting part is locked in place, maybe i just need to apply more pressure
    Well done on the first one.

I had to apply pressure as it wouldn't open properly.

Thread Information