Thread: new pc

Thanks

new pc

hi ive got about £300 to spend on a new pc, i already have to 2 ide drives, psu, case, ram and a radeon 9800 pro but im abit confused as to what to buy i was goin to get a x2 with an asrock pci/agp card but scan seem to be out of stock, and doesnt look like there goin to get any in for a while, i decided to pick this mobo so i could keep the gfx card and upgrade at a later date when i can afford something decent.
    Ive also seen this http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=434321
    but again is this a decent motherboard, i quite like the conroes as there pretty fast.
    Any suggestions ?

Thanks
    We will need your full system spec as well as what you use your system for.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks
    my system spec is 2200xp 1gig of ram 333 i think 120 gig and 160 gig ide drive, mainly playing games like cs:s and bf2, bit internet of internet browsing, watching movies usual kinda of stuff.
    I know the gfx is abit dated but im gonna save up some more money and buy a decent pci express gfx card at a later date at the moment im just basically looking to have a pc that actually works as mine is broken and im using my dads which stops me from doing anything on it as its a work pc and internet connection.

forgot to say the ram is 2 sticks of 512 pc3200 corsair value and the psu is antec 430w trupower i think. Basically i want a gaming rig
    Last edited by mcmiller; 06-09-2006 at 10:59 PM.

Thanks
    Well, with that setup, you can get an E6300 for £116.91 and the motherboard you specified, and it is compatible with your ram. Then I recommend getting a 7600 GS which is £66 on scan this weekend, then upgrade the ram when you have some more money.

If you want a gaming setup, perhaps get the 7600GT which is slightly more expensive.

Look on today only for the two components

Hope this helps

Thread Information