Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for best cordless keyboard+mouse for gaming

Banned
    Thanks
    tbh why wouldnt you want a g7 it looks sweet is the best wireless mouse going, just get one qand forget i have

Thanks
    • RECOiL™'s system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi AP
      • CPU:
      • E6600
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Kingston HyperX
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 7800GTX nVidia
      • PSU:
      • 700watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Akasa Eclipse 62
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Dell 1901FP (19")
      • Internet:
      • 20mbit NTL
    Quote Originally Posted by harry1
    wat the hell are you talking about? the g7 is a gaming mouse and im sure is the highest possible quality, come up with a reason not to buy it..
    also whats so great about this saitek i kno it looks nice and has backlit keys bar that its a basic keyboard with no extra features..
    yer its all what iu like isnt it chuck i like mine mate likes his other mate likes his lol
    Mouse : A corded mouse has a much better response time than a none corded mouse. There is no interferance, and no running out of batteries nonsense.

Keyboard : The saitek comes with an extra number pad which is programmable, which you can place either side of keyboard, essentail for key bindings, again this is for the serious gamer. The build quality of the kboard is excellent, easy to clean, responsive and the springs dont lose there spring as the button is extra close to the receving thing underneath. pic : http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/gamerskey.htm

It is a however, horses for courses. I have been to quite a few lan events and the Razer by far is the mouse brand of choice, then the logitech mx510. Everyone is different, so the best thing to do, is to go to your nearest retailer and try a few different combos of keyboard and mouse until you find something *YOU* like irrespective of reviews, forum banter or what looks good.

Regards
    Last edited by RECOiL™; 25-08-2006 at 08:58 AM.

Banned
    Thanks
    with the g7 its such a high quality i can move the mouse as fast as my hand can which is faster than il ever need it never blurs or laggs, its takes 3 seconds to change the bateries, which is a price il pay for not having wires, as far as interfearance, i have never had it and i have tv radio and loads of elcetric stuff in my room. your stuck in the past once people get this idea thsat new wireless mice arent lagging bits of crap the better it will be, if you tyred the g7 you would see its the same performance wise as the corded g5.
    keyboard the g15 has something like 54 macro buttons on the right so it therefore is far superior to the saitek which it should be for the cost, it also has all the media keys, two usb ports and and lcd screen imo its worth the extra.

and when did the hexus clan turn pro at css any way?

Thanks
    would rather use my left testicle to aim then use a razor mouse, anyone with a decent size hand will struggle with those mice, and if u think u dont struggle with them gimme a shout and well do a 1 on 1 too show u how much u would struggle . G5 and G7 ARE the best mice available at the moment with a good cloth mat. maybe 2 years ago u shouldnt have gone for a wireless but these days they are as good if u pay the right money, 45 upwards
    Rig: Amd 64 3700+ San Diego | Abit AT8 | 4x512 Corsair XMS3200C2PRO | PowerColour X850XTPE / Arctic Cooled | Samsung Spinpoint 250Gig | Enermax NoiseTake 485w | Arctic Freezer 64 Pro | Coolermaster Wavemaster Silver | Dell 2405FPW | Logitech G5 / Everglide Destrukt Monstermat |

Banned
    Thanks
    ty merlin.

Thanks
    speaking the truth blad
    Rig: Amd 64 3700+ San Diego | Abit AT8 | 4x512 Corsair XMS3200C2PRO | PowerColour X850XTPE / Arctic Cooled | Samsung Spinpoint 250Gig | Enermax NoiseTake 485w | Arctic Freezer 64 Pro | Coolermaster Wavemaster Silver | Dell 2405FPW | Logitech G5 / Everglide Destrukt Monstermat |

Thanks
    • RECOiL™'s system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • E6600
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Kingston HyperX
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 7800GTX nVidia
      • PSU:
      • 700watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Akasa Eclipse 62
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Dell 1901FP (19")
      • Internet:
      • 20mbit NTL
    Well I actually do have big hands and I favour the extended left/right buttons which you see on razer diamond back. Admittedly before the razer i was in love with logitechs mx500 range, but as i previously said its down to the individual. There is no right or wrong answer, but for the serious competative gamer, a wireless solution is a no no.

Banned
    Thanks
    ROFL why is it a no no give me this reason, u know so little about how good the wireless function is obviuosly

Thanks
    • RECOiL™'s system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • E6600
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Kingston HyperX
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 7800GTX nVidia
      • PSU:
      • 700watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Akasa Eclipse 62
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Dell 1901FP (19")
      • Internet:
      • 20mbit NTL
    Quote Originally Posted by harry1
    and when did the hexus clan turn pro at css any way?
    You don't have to be pro to be a serious gamer. I game in the most comfortable enviroment for me, and that includes using my beloved RaZeR mouse.

Banned
    Thanks
    oh so you dont have a reason why a "serious gamer" cant use a g7 oh thats ok just take a seat

Thanks
    recoil seriously though, u obviously havent any experience with the wireless G7, so why comment on it. Ive tried pretty much every top mouse on the market, and the G7 has no delay or response so why is it a nono? its probably more responsive than ur razor...

Banned
    Thanks
    testify ^^

Thanks
    Am I serious about my gaming? No. I don't get paid for it. Serious about having fun with my gaming - yes! And my reactions are certainly high enough to deal with responsive mice, and I've been happy with the Logitech cordless set I already have.

The point of the thread is I do OTHER things than game, for which I want a cordless set - whether using my PC from the sofa on the projector or whatever. So it's got to be cordless, but given that I DO play games, hence the question which cordless set are people happy playing with.

If I get the G7 (which incidentally looks very plastic in photos, I'll have to see one in the flesh when I go out testing) I'll have to get a cordless keyboard set separately. Really don't like the look of the cordless Saitek to be honest and it doesn't have the separate keypad. Besides, why buy it for the keypad? If you're going to do that, might as well get one of those standalone gaming keypads?

Hmm... not convinced by anything other than not to get a diNovo, and to definitely look at a G7

DM

Thanks
    yeh, deff worth looking at G7 m8, dont have one myself but my flat m8 does, and is as good as my G5, its looks about as plastic as every other mouse u see really bar the g5 which is coated with a grip finish. pcworld usually have them on show socould pop down and have a grope?

Banned
    Thanks
    rofl at grope, but yer name a mosue that doesnt look plasticy lol

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingmatt
    The point of the thread is I do OTHER things than game, for which I want a cordless set
    Only problem I see with the G7 is that it only has 1 thumb button. I regularly use 2 thumb buttons for click modifiers in applications (shift and control or shift and alt) and would find only 1 very frustrating.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information