Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for best cordless keyboard+mouse for gaming

Banned
    Thanks
    yes,but if your not use to two you dont miss two....

Thanks
    Fair point - I only have one thumb button at the moment. Any more buttons than that, the two fingers and the wheel will be a bonus.

I went to damn PC World - nothing out on display. Just boxes. At least you can sort-of hold some of the Logitech mice for size in their boxes, but then they do feel plasticy! They didn't have a G7 either.

Still looking for the ideal keyboard...

DM

la la la
    Thanks
    i have a logitech g7, very pleased with it

Thanks
    Are you also still happy with your P180 and Xclio PSU Ben? I've got the same rig and my Xclio PSU buzzes after I've shut my PC down - when you shut yours down, take a listen up close, see if yours does too... it's quiet but nevertheless, still shouldn't happen I think?

Thanks
    Just looked at this BenQ £15 cordless keyboard and mouse set, nearly tempted to get that and add a MX1000 or G7 separately.

Meant to originally say that I don't mind whether it's RF (which I've previously used and have been happy with) or Bluetooth - I can see that being able to use a Bluetooth set will mean I can connect my Vario PDA over Bluetooth too, but I've read that they have lots of lag when waking up/in the BIOS. Never had any lag with my old RF set.

DM

Thanks
    I've got a G15 and a G7, both excellent although the keyboard isn't wireless.

Thanks
    i used to have 2 thumb buttons on my mx510 but i threw it about too much and now my g5 only has 1 button. o i miss my thumbs buttons.

la la la
    Thanks
    dancingmatt interesting you mention that as i notice the same thing was going to make a thread about it. especially seen as my pc is in my bedroom its quite an irritating noise to have in the background, even though its not loud as such. the p180 is also quite a loud case with the fans on full, add to that the psu, cpu fan, two fans on the 7900 gx2 and its quite noisy. i turn the psu off at its switch when i shutdown the pc at night, that shuts it up.. not sure if thats a good idea?

Banned
    Thanks
    alot of psus carry on spinning when the pc shiuts down to further cool the case mine does it too, hiper 580

Thanks
    I know many PSUs do and the Xclio says this is a "feature" - thing is, it's not the fan. The fan slows down, the faint buzzing continues for hours later, probably indefinitely (I haven't waited an infinite amount of time!)

It sounds like it's still "transforming" or something. Wasting electricity, as far as I'm concerned. The PC is shutdown, the PSU should be off. It's like buying a car and finding it still goes through petrol even when you've turned the car off.

I find the P180b disappointingly noisy, it has quietened my Hard drive but that might be because of this PSU. Ben, you can run the top and back fans on Low and I'm running my CPU fan at 800RPM, and there's no problem with the E6600 at all. Download Speedfan and see for yourself. Even with these fans at low speed, it's still noisier than I expected (and thought I had paid for).

Anyway, the search for a great keyboard and mouse continues... thanks for contributions, does anyone know where in central London has a G15 and G7 I can get my (clean) hands on!?

DM

Banned
    Thanks
    just order from scan,coz shops charge silly money for them

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dmuz
    As other peeps have said avoid wireless kbs for gaming, they are uniformly kak. You might want to wait and see if the Microsoft Ultimate is any good, though.
    Rubbish - as many have already said, a good wireless set is essentially just as good as wired, even in gaming. I've used my MX31000 set for a year and a half, and it's never given me problems in games.

Banned
    Thanks
    thank you,ppl dont get that a good wireless is as good. its like wired is the only way for gaming is tattoed on thier brains

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by harry1
    just order from scan,coz shops charge silly money for them
    How does ordering from Scan help me try them out?!

And actually, disappointingly, Scan's prices for the keyboards and mice I'm considering are worse than a few other online retailers. But the delivery helps.

DM

Thanks
    actually I found scan to have the best price for the set I'm ordering! (the logitech s510) Combined with free delivery (and a few other bits and pieces ... damn impulse buying) that makes it excellent. Throw in the service and everythings peachy ... once they get stock back in! Fingers crossed it's not going to throw a fit if I press more than 2 keys at once! ...might have to keep my mx510 for games though as I'm getting used to having two buttons under my thumb! ...might get one of those nostromo-type things, then the keyboard doesn't have to deal with multiple button presses...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingmatt
    Cheers Gav.

I googled the diNovo for reviews and found lots of complaints, mainly:

- can't use it outside of Windows, e.g. in BIOS
    - lags for ages when coming out of standby
    - sometimes doesn't wake up
    - many people said the keys repeat by themselves (i.e. like they are sticking down) at random times
    - Media Pad LCD isn't very configurable, bit of a novelty

It's shipping with the MX1000 mouse now and I like the look of it all, but a quick google will show you why I've been put off...

DM
    Sorry for the late response - been away since last Thursday and haven't had much chance to check up on things.

- DiNovo works in the BIOS perfectly fine (was a reservation I had prior to buying it mind) - the jack in the back also goes to a standard PS2 connection.
    - the lag only lasts for the 1st second
    - has always woken up here
    - haven't seen that one, but it certainly sounds SetPoint related rather than hardware
    - yep, agreed. I generally don't use the LCD, but WMP and Winamp both work 100% on it, so I'm happy. I can appreciate that some would want more out of it though.

Bear in mind that there are 3 revisions of the DiNovo. The original, 2.0 (which I have) and the Laser (with the Laser mouse replacing the MX700). Some of those issues may have been from the original, but I can't complain about mine, other than not having a replacement battery, G7 style. I just charge up some standard camera batteries manually now rather than using the dock though.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information