Thread: Gigabyte 3D Aurora - feedback requested

Registered+
    Thanks

Exclamation Gigabyte 3D Aurora - feedback requested

I've outgrown my current PC case and was looking at the "Gigabyte 3D Aurora". My present case is a tornado cooler case 46(h)x45(d)x19(w) the Aurora is way bigger 52(h)x51(d)x20.5(w) with big fans 1x12cm intake and 2x12cm exhuasts.

Before I buy just thought I'd see if any of you guys (or girls) have any experience with it. Its gotten great review scores 9/10, 4.5/5..... but its people who have built a system and have used the case that can give you the best overview. My main concern is I have a 7800gtx which is a BIG card and have seen it can be a bit cramped in some cases.

The P180 for instance (see second pic down)
    dub dub dub . hexus.net/content/item.php?item=6012&page=5&search=p180 (sorry for the dubs it wont let me post urls)

Or if any one has experince of another case with equivalent specs please feel free to suggest (dont want to go over £100).

Cheers in advance
    Last edited by barryjarcher; 31-08-2006 at 11:06 AM.

Thanks
    • sawyen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Laptop motherboard
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 740QM
      • Memory:
      • 8192MB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 256GB SSD, 1TB WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • AMD Mobility HD 5870
      • PSU:
      • MSI stuff
      • Case:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 64bit
      • Internet:
      • Virgin ADSL rubbish
    Not a feedback, but you might want to consider the revamped Aurora.. Aurora 570 if I remember correctly.. alot more sexxeehh
    Me want Ultrabook

Registered+
    Thanks
    It is more "sexxeehh" did a quick google and never found a seller where can I get it?

Welcome to stampytown! Salazaar's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Salazaar's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock B450m Steel Legend
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5 3600
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 5700 XT
    The link to Gigabyte's cases page... http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/...s/Default.aspx

I've got an Aurora and an X1800XT, I'm not sure how it compares in size to your 7800 but I've had no problems with space.

Registered+
    Thanks

Question Salazaar: please dont be shy!

tell me about the case, is it the nuts?, how does it compare in the flesh to pics?, solid build?, do find yourself staring at it each time you walk near it? are you pleased that you went with it as apposed to another?
    Last edited by barryjarcher; 31-08-2006 at 02:18 PM.

Welcome to stampytown! Salazaar's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Salazaar's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock B450m Steel Legend
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5 3600
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 5700 XT
    It's a very solid case and I've got very few problems with it. It's supprisingly large when you get it (remember it's got a double 180mm fan mount at the back) and it's very well built. Everything is fitted with clips and thumb screws except the fans, mobo and PSU.

It's very spacious inside, as I said I've got an X1800 in there plus an Asetek water pump though I ended up having to mount the radiator on the outside (because of the tubing rather than that it wouldn't fit, it probably would've). I've even managed to rig another 120mm fan on an old zalman mount to blow directly onto the mobo. There's lots of space for HDDs, five at a squeeze I think, and it's got loads of spare 51/2" bays.

The only problem I ever had with it was that the front fan used to rattle a bit and it's quite hard to access that one, though it seems to have settled down now. Custom PC said the heat flow wasn't great but I dunno since I use water cooling.

Looks wise, I prefer it to the 570 and most other cases of its size, though when all's said and done it's still a big lump of aluminium

Hope that's enough for ya!

explorer.exe
    Thanks
    I fully recommend this case. It's by far the nicest I've worked with. I upgraded from a XClio Jr.

Looks wise it's fantastic. Images on the internet make the bottom grill bit look like it sticks out from the front, when in fact it doesn't, it's level with the door. I have a black one, which looks great witht the blue lighting. It's smart, but sexy. Very cool.

Cooling wise I've had no problems. My hardware isn't top of the range, but it's not too bad, and I've never had to even glance at the temps since I installed everything (although I do sometimes. The CPU under load hits a maximum of 30).

Size wise I've had no issues. Your card is probably bigger than mine (7800GT), but there's spare room for mine, so I can't imagine you'd struggle for space.

The only issue I've had is the tooless expansion card holder doesn't work with the heatsink on my 7800GT, so I can't use it at all. I've screwed all my cards in place. Apart from that, full marks to the Aurora!

Thread Information