Thread: SD37P2 anybody got one yet??

Thanks

SD37P2 anybody got one yet??

I seen them for sale and wondered if anybody had got one yet??

If so what are they like..so tempted to get one

GJUK

Thanks
    Also thinking about upgrading my SN25P to one of the new models....anyone ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAvenger View Post
    Also thinking about upgrading my SN25P to one of the new models....anyone ?

I odered mine the other day..I let you know how I get on

GJUK

Thanks
    I have a SD37P2

Last edited by zeehond; 29-09-2006 at 10:13 PM.

Thanks

I have a SD37P2, but CANNOT turn it off!

Yes I have one. Bought it as a secondary PC to add 2 x 7600GS fansink silent video cards as a silent Media PC to run 3 flat panels and projector in the bedroom. (Don't ask!)

It's quite a nice design, and was *extremely* easy to fit together. It took approximately 15 minutes to add RAM, CPU, HDD, CDROM, and video cards.

I simply installed in place of a previous Shuttle, plugging in USB sound card, USB wifi, etc, and had it installing Vista RC1 within 20 minutes.

(One hitch however: I had to take the case off and fiddle with the SD37P2's eject button a fair bit to align the button with the DVD drive, and get the DVD at the exact right position for the action to work perfectly.)

All was good: Vista flies, Windows Media Centre looked great on the projector, and the box is a lot quieter than the fan noise on the video card in the previous otherwise-silent shuttle it replaces.

HOWEVER the unit I have has me stymied with a problem: I cannot turn it off.
    Whenever I shut it down, or suspend, everything shuts down perfectly. Lights go out, fans turn off, and the system looks dead.

However 1-2 seconds of blissful offness later, it springs to life again, fans spin up and it boots itself. Even if I had chosen to suspend, it ignores this, and commences normal boot-up. I CANNOT KEEP IT OFF!

I've unplugged USB peripherals, removed each of the video cards in turn, and flashed the BIOS. None of these so far has resolved it.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Question SD37P2 issues???

I just got my SD37P2 over the weekend.
    had to pull a few connections to get it.
    Well, few things I notice.
    1. super quite!!!!
    2. you might need a BIOS update. (it helps a a lot) just released on 9/22/06
    3. Temperature issue.

I installed the XPC tools for my SD37p2, and trying to run some benchmark to burn in the unit. Notice it will just totally shut down on it's own, within 5 to 10 mins. Then I can't turn it back on until I unplug the power, and pulg back in again. Once I did the bios update, it worked perfectly. Burn in for about 12 hours so far.

One Little question I have about the Temp of the unit.
    here is my spec on the SD37p2
    CPU: Core 2 Duo 6600
    Memory: 1GB x 2, 533
    HD: WD2500JS
    VGA: BFG 7900GT KO

My CPU idle temp is around 42 C.
    But when burn in with Sandra07, with 80% loading. It will raise up to around 55 C.

I have read a few reviews on the SD37P2 from websites, they said their idle is around 43 C, and full loading is around 40 C. with 6800 Extreme.
    can anyone tell me what their CPU temp is at?
    is my normal? or there is a problem?
    thanks guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by play78 View Post
    Yes I have one. Bought it as a secondary PC to add 2 x 7600GS fansink silent video cards as a silent Media PC to run 3 flat panels and projector in the bedroom. (Don't ask!)

It's quite a nice design, and was *extremely* easy to fit together. It took approximately 15 minutes to add RAM, CPU, HDD, CDROM, and video cards.

I simply installed in place of a previous Shuttle, plugging in USB sound card, USB wifi, etc, and had it installing Vista RC1 within 20 minutes.

(One hitch however: I had to take the case off and fiddle with the SD37P2's eject button a fair bit to align the button with the DVD drive, and get the DVD at the exact right position for the action to work perfectly.)

All was good: Vista flies, Windows Media Centre looked great on the projector, and the box is a lot quieter than the fan noise on the video card in the previous otherwise-silent shuttle it replaces.

HOWEVER the unit I have has me stymied with a problem: I cannot turn it off.
    Whenever I shut it down, or suspend, everything shuts down perfectly. Lights go out, fans turn off, and the system looks dead.

However 1-2 seconds of blissful offness later, it springs to life again, fans spin up and it boots itself. Even if I had chosen to suspend, it ignores this, and commences normal boot-up. I CANNOT KEEP IT OFF!

I've unplugged USB peripherals, removed each of the video cards in turn, and flashed the BIOS. None of these so far has resolved it.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flashzoom View Post
    My CPU idle temp is around 42 C.
    But when burn in with Sandra07, with 80% loading. It will raise up to around 55 C.

I have read a few reviews on the SD37P2 from websites, they said their idle is around 43 C, and full loading is around 40 C. with 6800 Extreme.
    Just a vague guess...Does your cpu cooler switch up to the higher-power (noisier) mode ever? It's probably that the 6800x is getting hotter faster under load and turning up the fan speed to the point where it cools is so much better that the temp actually drops... perhaps you've got it set to "low-always" or perhaps there's a threshold setting somewhere that controls it? Either way 55deg isn't really that bad is it? how hot is the room it's in?

I've seen one of these shuttles recently at a lan, very nice piece of kit! thinking I might go for one when I finally replace this Socket A system...

Thanks
    Might be wake up on lan is activated?

Thanks

idle temps on sd37p2

I am powering up my system for the first time, and the BIOS temps read about 37 for system temp and sometimes as high as 62-63celcius for cpu temp. Why is this so high? Do you think I should reaply thermal paste. I used the stuff that came with the shuttle system. I applied a pretty light amount to the cpu and the ICE cooling base. I am using:
    Core 2 E6400
    ATI x1950xtx
    2x1GB Corsair pc800 memory
    320gb SATA
    CD40 shuttle dvd burner.

Also I seem to be having the same issue regarding the eject button. After powering on the system for the first time, I can't get the dvd drive to eject properly. The button doesn't seem to "click" at all? Should I open up the case and look for an alignment issue?
    thanks!

Thanks
    firstly in bios there are no cpu optimisations so it runs hot, nearly as high as full load so I believe

secondly use the long slots for adjusting the dvd drive, the set of 3 holes were no good for me even with a cr40, optimal position for mine was 2.25 slots back -ish

Thread Information