Thread: 1GB or 2GB? is 3GB ok? what ram!

Thanks

Question 1GB or 2GB? is 3GB ok? what ram!

i have 2x512 GeIL value ram... dual channel kit ddr400 3200... should i see if i can get exact same kit and run it on my a8n premium when i get it using all 4 channels?OR should i get 2x1gb kit or either that or another kit (which one if so uk suppliers only please!) and if i do this would it run nicer if i still use my 2x512 in the 3/4th slots? or will the preformance decrease?
    i have no idea:S
    cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz regarding the Apple Mighty Mouse
    I just got so fed up with this thing for it's crappy erratically working scroll ball and poor right-click detection that I just threw it against a wall and it exploded.

Good riddance. Wish I'd done it about a year ago.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Well what are you planning to do with your computer? 2GB is more than enough for most of the highend games out. And the speed of it (3200) Is not really that important unless you are a true enthusiast. The make is quite important, i would go for corsair or kingston.

Thanks
    apparently theres 3% gain with a known brand (unless overclocking which i will do) .it will be a x2 3800 7900gto rig...
    so can i run 2x512 with a 3rd corsair stick or am i better off just using the 2x512 for the time being.or do i even need 2gb bar "loading times"?
    what you reckon?
    cheers.any other ram you'd recommend?links?
    cheers
    Last edited by keef247; 28-09-2006 at 03:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz regarding the Apple Mighty Mouse
    I just got so fed up with this thing for it's crappy erratically working scroll ball and poor right-click detection that I just threw it against a wall and it exploded.

Good riddance. Wish I'd done it about a year ago.

Thanks
    With AMD processors you will get faster results using only 2 sticks, as the board will then support a 1T command rate. To get an idea of how much RAM you need, open the Task Manager and click the performance tab. Run a game or application, surf the web, do the stuff you normally do. Then look at the Peak Commit Charge - if you want to avoid swapping stuff out to disk, you need more RAM than given in that field.

Thread Information