Thread: Shuttle SN45G / Kingston XyperX - what to do

Thanks

Shuttle SN45G / Kingston XyperX - what to do

Hi,

Problem: Shuttle SN45G, and Kingston XyperX KHX3200 ram, if ram is set to SPD (2-2-2-6-1 at 2.6V), then system doesnt post. If timings are changed to something like 2-3-3-5, then it works, but isnt stable. Problems with sn45g and kingston are reported at http://www.barebonecenter.de/showthr...7&page=1&pp=10

Can anyone confirm running sn45g stable with kingston xyperx memory at 400 mhz ?

SPD memory timings for 400mhz:
    CL: 2
    CAS latency
    tRCD: 2
    RAS TO CAS DELAY
    tRP 2
    RAS ACTIVE PRECHARGE
    tRAS: 6
    ROW-ACTIVE DELAY / ACTIVE PRECHARGE DELAY
    COMMAND RATE 1

In review on this site, Corsair memory with same timings is used, all is fine....

wbr,
    Maxal.

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    I would be very suprised if all Kingston HyperX memory would cause this problem, There have been a LOT of fuss about the fact that specific nforce boards only support X memory type, its crap imo. i'd say that you are unlikely to have much of a problem, the reviewer was probably had a dodgy memory stick.

I would just say try and make sure if you do buy that and your sn45g if you've not already got it, buy it from the same retailer, and ask if they work together, then if they say yes, you have got extra ammo to go back to them and get it sorted.

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    Problem is that, that i have already bought this ram and sn45g, currently i have spent more trouble troubleshooting it, as it has worked....
    And i bought that from 2 different retailers
    Strangest is that, that xyperx wasnt working at more relaxed timings (like 2.5-3-3-8) also...
    Currently its hard to say where is problem, as this memory is working fine in other systems, sn45g is working fine with other memory (havent tested with ddr400 yet), but its sure that this memory doesnt work at SPD timings in my system, and in 2 other sn45g boxes also it fails to POST.

wbr,
    Maxal.

Thanks
    Whats strange, after working in KT400 at 2-2-2-6, memory also started to work in SN45G

Thread Information